Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much time does this save, really?

Are. 3 letters. 

You. 3 letters.

At. 2 letters. 

WHY??? (Also only 3 fucking letters, not just Y.) 

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (21-25):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM

On here it is silly, but I do remember when texting(well at least MY phones texting) was limited to like 50 characters per text and they charged per text(no plans available yet) so you had to get a full thought out as simply as possible .

AnnieMcD
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My eyes are bleeding. 

Quoting makelineerror:

tHeY HaF 2 sPeNd AlL tHeRe TiMe N EfUrT mAkInG dA pOsT lUk AwSuM sO tHeIrS nO tImE 4 dEm 2 SpElL oUt Da WeRdZ rIte

Oh, God, that was painful to type.

PaperClip811
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind acronyms, though I try not to go overboard with them and there are some things I spell phonetically to be cute (like mmmkay, dunno etc..) but for the most part it irks me.

AnnieMcD
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I get it with texting, and Twitter, and sometimes even here if you're mobile. But if you have a full freaking keyboard at your disposal, there's just no excuse. 

Quoting SuperPickle:

On here it is silly, but I do remember when texting(well at least MY phones texting) was limited to like 50 characters per text and they charged per text(no plans available yet) so you had to get a full thought out as simply as possible .

makelineerror
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My brain tried to extricate itself from my skull while I was typing that... thing.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

My eyes are bleeding. 

Quoting makelineerror:

tHeY HaF 2 sPeNd AlL tHeRe TiMe N EfUrT mAkInG dA pOsT lUk AwSuM sO tHeIrS nO tImE 4 dEm 2 SpElL oUt Da WeRdZ rIte

Oh, God, that was painful to type.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)