Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I having a hard time deciding

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 5 Replies

So ds 7 b-day is Aug 5. Which is a Sunday. Well I was planning on have his party on the 4th which is Saturday. So I found out that another little boy is having his party on the same day, they played baseball together. Well ds1 really don't have a lot of friends in the neighborhood. He went to a carter school. So, I invite a couple of people that I know and then all of his baseball team. Well a lot of people are telling me they are going to this other little boys party instead of mine.

Well her is the problem he wants to go to chuck e cheese for his b-day..so I was going to do that on his actual b-day and have the party the day before. Well, that Monday dd2 is going for her pre-op and then the next day she is going to have her surgery.

I promised myself that I wouldn't have another b-day at another esbtishment. (bad experiences).

I just want him to have a good time and not worry about his sister.

The prices vary on how many childern come a chuck e cheese.

SO WWYD!

Broken Hearts(heart issues group): http://www.cafemom.com/group/116857 Click my name

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dsk886
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I also found a coupon that would be okay for just our family..for only 30-50 dollars!

christyg
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

We solved the Chuck E Cheese party dilemma by letting my son pick 3 friends and we went there to play only ... no pizza, no party, etc. All they wanted was the games anyway, and then we went out to ice cream afterwards. It was tons cheaper and just as much (if not more) fun!

I would let my son go to the friends party on Saturday, and have a small friends party on Sunday and then have dinner and cake with family that evening to keep things low key for the appointment on Monday.

dsk886
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM

How much did you end up spending?

good idea. about the choose a couple of friends. 

Did you include or exclude your other childern?

Quoting christyg:

We solved the Chuck E Cheese party dilemma by letting my son pick 3 friends and we went there to play only ... no pizza, no party, etc. All they wanted was the games anyway, and then we went out to ice cream afterwards. It was tons cheaper and just as much (if not more) fun!

I would let my son go to the friends party on Saturday, and have a small friends party on Sunday and then have dinner and cake with family that evening to keep things low key for the appointment on Monday.

StudentofLife
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I would take him to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday and invite 1 or 2 of his close friends and then have his actual birthday party with all the other kids the weekend before or after.

A birthday party will be fun for him before or after. The actual day probably doesn't matter at his age.

Happy birthday to him and good luck!

christyg
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Honsetly, I dont rememebr. It was a few years ago, but I am fairly sure that I had a few coupons for tokens. We do this same thing every year for birthdays, just different locations. I have found it to be my best compromise. ~ I always include my other kids. It costs more, but thats the choice I made when we decided to have 4 kids. If possible, we like to find another family to take rather than a bunch of different kids, so everyone has someone to hang out with. Sometimes I will take the van with the friends and dh will drive his car with the other kids. My older kids dont usually want to come anymore so it is starting to get cheaper :)

Quoting dsk886:

How much did you end up spending?

good idea. about the choose a couple of friends. 

Did you include or exclude your other childern?

Quoting christyg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN