Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you on medicaid? If so,.............. ** side note **

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:53 AM
  • 141 Replies

does it ever cross your mind that you are being looked at as a statistic, not just by everyday people, but from healthcare providers? do you ever worry about the quality of treatment that you are getting and how is drastically differs from insurance/pay out of pocket patients' care? i was just watching frontline and it made me so sick to see that medicaid patients are treated with malpracticed care from dentists of every kind who accept medicaid. they bring in these patients, and don't care for them because they are a number for them to make more of a profit of off. they only do "more than what they need to do" work on you because they recieve huge bonuses from how much work they do and how many patients they can see in a day. it is crazy. they feel that they don't make money from medicaid patients, so what do they do? tell you you need work you really don't need! that way, they can make money off of you in other ways. sad huh.

read more about it here......before you ASSUME i am saying that i know any and everything about medical practices....for some of the DING DONGS that respond to this post and say dumb shit! http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/dollars-and-dentists/

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mzlove89
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I have medicaid for my pregnancy I don't care how Peoples look at me I don't let them get to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:02 AM
I have heard that before and certainly wondered that when my son needed dental work! :( That is really sad if this is happening, which it probably is to some degree in some places. You would think it would be fair treatment...I mean, at least they will be getting paid! Maybe that's part of it.... :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:02 AM
I have a friend who has heart issues no insurance out of pocket. They do the bare min for him. You get tsken care of actually with medicaid them u do out of pocket. Dont believe everything you see . And if he was on medicaid he would have heart monitors. Stress test and a sleep,test out of pocket he cant get it unless he puts up thousands . Here in Nm if you are on medicaid u get treated better. Less red tape then actial insurance company.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sketchmonster
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM
Well yeah, but I needed it so there wasn't much I could do about it. Hence the reason I had it. Not really sure where you're going with this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:05 AM
Sorry for typo. Dang phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:06 AM
7 moms liked this
No, because I research my hospitals, pediatricians, and primary care physicians thoroughly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:06 AM

i too have medicaid. i am a medicaid patient. trust me, when it comes do docs and people you see for your pregnancy, you should care....some docs don't care about medicaid patients...just saying. the only way you can tell the difference is to have private insurance or pay out of pocket for care. you will get 5 star treatment...medicaid patient's? not even close...my last ob told me straight up, he wasn't going to do extra cause medicaid won't pay for it.... the doc i have now under medicaid is great. he actually cares about you as a person, and not a number.

Quoting Mzlove89:

I have medicaid for my pregnancy I don't care how Peoples look at me I don't let them get to me

MommaGreenhalge
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:07 AM
Yes, and it is because of that attitude that we only go when it is a dire necessity. The prevailing thought is that we as parents are incompetant and can neither care for or make decisions for our own children. And every time I take them in for checkups, we all get sick. No thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mzlove89
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:09 AM
I'm not talking bout dr I'm talk ppls who's going to the drs

Quoting prettygirl326:

i too have medicaid. i am a medicaid patient. trust me, when it comes do docs and people you see for your pregnancy, you should care....some docs don't care about medicaid patients...just saying. the only way you can tell the difference is to have private insurance or pay out of pocket for care. you will get 5 star treatment...medicaid patient's? not even close...my last ob told me straight up, he wasn't going to do extra cause medicaid won't pay for it.... the doc i have now under medicaid is great. he actually cares about you as a person, and not a number.

Quoting Mzlove89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:09 AM

oh yeah, but for the work they do...the more medicaid patients, the more they don't get paid much. frontline did a very through investigation on a few children based dental practices (sorry i don't remember the name of them) and showed the xray of children with poorly done procedures and rush jobs and were eventually threatned with a malpractice suit. most of them were on medicaid....

Quoting LTsMommy07:

I have heard that before and certainly wondered that when my son needed dental work! :( That is really sad if this is happening, which it probably is to some degree in some places. You would think it would be fair treatment...I mean, at least they will be getting paid! Maybe that's part of it.... :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)