Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Time for plan b :/

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 69 Replies
I have had the mirena for two years now. No probs, no period, I have loved it. Well I have had cramping all day today and tonight after we had sex, the damn thing fell out!!! I am not ready for another baby so I am going to the dr tomorrow about the darn thing and asking for plan b :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondieof3kids
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I have the mirena and still get periods and i have used plan b good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2soon29
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Wow your doc must suck becuase there is no way your Mirena would of "fallen out" If it did in fact fall out its because it was not placed properly which means you probably would of gotten pregnant by now if you have been having unprotected sex the whole 2 years. I had the Mirena for 4 years. One more thing, I dont believe your doctor would prescribe you plan B considering it is now sold over the counter.
cdi
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Is it sold over the counter now? I have never used it. I have had unprotected sex for two years and not got Preg. A different dr checked it at my last pap a little over a year ago and said it was fine.

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Wow your doc must suck becuase there is no way your Mirena would of "fallen out" If it did in fact fall out its because it was not placed properly which means you probably would of gotten pregnant by now if you have been having unprotected sex the whole 2 years. I had the Mirena for 4 years. One more thing, I dont believe your doctor would prescribe you plan B considering it is now sold over the counter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I should add I have a extremely short cervix and they didn't know if it was going to hold in the first place :/

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2soon29
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Quoting cdi:

Is it sold over the counter now? I have never used it. I have had unprotected sex for two years and not got Preg. A different dr checked it at my last pap a little over a year ago and said it was fine.

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Yea it is, there was a big controversy about it a few years back. Where I live its about $50 a pop. 

CafeMom Tickers
Firsttimemom296
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Just wondering what plan b is never heard of it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalibuMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Drs do prescribes plan b. The reason being is some insurance companies will cover the cost of the pill rather than paying the $50-65 out of pocket.

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM
My doc warned me to periodically check to make sure my mirena hadn't fallen out. She said after having kids vaginally, your cervix never completely closes and therefore you have a chance of it falling out.

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalibuMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM
It's emergency contraceptive. Basically its a high dose of the regular pill.

Quoting Firsttimemom296:

Just wondering what plan b is never heard of it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this
You are doing the responsible thing for yourself and your family. I've needed Plan B once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)