Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Things you wish people told you about giving birth

Posted by   + Show Post
Here's mine
That after each contraction the babies head may slip back in.

That when you first stand up after giving birth it is like a bucket of blood was tipped upside down inside you. No one ever warned me about that and I thought I was dying.

Also that you may pass large clots the size of tennis balls

Add your own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
misstaylor85
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quoting arilolojrsmom:

Well Noone ever told me that if Ur uterus tilts it can still be tilted when Ur giving birth and they have to slam it down so they can get the baby out. Its the worse pain iv ever been threw. It hurt a week or two after.

WTF I didn't know that either. YIKES!

misstaylor85
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I wish they told me that my insides would never ever be completely normal again...LIARS lol. O and my favorite was my aunt who has had 4kids told me that if her labors were longer then 30min she wouldn't have been able to do it, when I was a week away from having my son.

arilolojrsmom
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Me either till last Dec. When I had my son. Its the worse pain ever. I pray Noone has to go threw that. I was swollen for 2 week cause of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Dunno about my insides but my entire body no longer sits how it used to. Everything shifted and never went back lol

Quoting misstaylor85:

I wish they told me that my insides would never ever be completely normal again...LIARS lol. O and my favorite was my aunt who has had 4kids told me that if her labors were longer then 30min she wouldn't have been able to do it, when I was a week away from having my son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM
It happened mostly in the hospital but I did pass a few small clots once I got home. Maybe that's why I got sick and lost weight so quickly. Who knows?

Quoting StudentofLife:

You should not pass clots larger then a golf ball without being monitored, any bigger with lots of bleeding indicates hemmoraging.

I'm not sure about c-sections though.

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy:

I passed huge clots(yes, plural) after the birth if my twins. It scared me. The nurses assured me all was well. I had to have a c section so maybe that makes a difference. I had vaginal birth with my first and didn't pass clots like that.

Quoting StudentofLife:

If you are passing clots that big then you're most likely hemmoraging. It is NOT normal to pass clots that big. It will not happen unless something is wrong and if it does, that is okay. Just let your nurse or doctor know. Do not just pass it off as some "normal" thing because you heard it here.

Quoting strontium:

"Also that you may pass large clots the size of tennis balls"

yay first time preggo should totally be in here reading this crap a week before im due -_-

lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
4 moms liked this
The first time you nurse after giving birth is the worst pain in the world. Nobody mentions that it makes your uterus contract.

Holy hell a heads up would have been nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arilolojrsmom
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I have another thing Ur period wont be the same as u remembered it u may get it twice a month or just once but it takes time for it to go back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandmill
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

No one told me about that either,that happend to me.I stood up,and it scared me to death!

AFWifeNMom
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Nursing the first few days makes you cramp, bad! Take a Tylenol about 20min before to help the pain.

Taking your first poop is the scariest thing ever! I thought I was going to rupture something lol

Tucks pads are your best friend!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Never let the doctor do an episiotomy. Ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)