Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

being overwhelmed

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi, first timer here. I'm a little nervous about telling anybody this, but right now I don't know who else to talk to, i'm just feeling so overwhelmed at this point.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rowansmum
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok, just breathe. What's your schedule like? How many kids etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyVa
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Most of us know how it feels to be overwhelmed. Trying to struggle with everyday life, school, children, work, finances..it is very hard, so you are not alone!

BrittBratt
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You aren't alone! If you need to talk, feel free to PM me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momloves1234
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

well for starters I am a mother of (4), ages 2-7. And It's just dealing with 4 different personalities all at once, and at times it just feels like they just don't  know that i try to please everbody.

rowansmum
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Well, they don't lol. Do you work? Do you get alone time? I had to start getting up early to get an hour of peace lol. And a good schedule will be your best friend. A good portion of my frustration was the house. The flylady helped with that big time

Quoting Momloves1234:

well for starters I am a mother of (4), ages 2-7. And It's just dealing with 4 different personalities all at once, and at times it just feels like they just don't  know that i try to please everbody.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:29 AM

1) Cook in bulk, so you can freeze some for later or re-use and turn into a different dish

2) If you can pay certain bills in advance such as utilities, which can be the smallest amount

3) Have a schedule/plan for days that you do certain things

4) Put away laundry after each load, so you arent faced with an overwhelming mountain

5) have the children participate in housework--it teaches them responsibility, accountability and independence in the future.

6) take some time for yourself, as suggested maybe wake up early or stay up later after they go to bed.

7) trade babysitting with other Mothers in your area or a family member, etc.

8) have a minimum accepted level of behavior such as sayng excuse me to leave the table, please if they want something, sorry if they are misbehaving.

9) Follow through--dont tell them that if they do A they are going to get B as a puniushment and then not do it.  You NEED to follow up or they will never listen to you.

10) group activities so they learn teamwork aka to get along

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN