Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mommies that have miscarried...

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:04 AM
  • 27 Replies

How long did it take for you to fully move on from your loss?  Does it sometimes happen that out of the blue it hits you like a flashback and you are re-living it all over again?

I miscarried back in mid-May and had to have surgery because of how far along I was and all of a sudden this week, I am just an emotional wreck.  I know it isnt my monthly and I am not pregnant.  I took a few weeks off from work to grieve, but I guess that wasnt enough : /

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starburst72
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:05 AM

3 losses the first year of our marriage before getting our youngest son. i was a mess till after my youngest was born, high risk too might i add. i made memory boxes for each baby i lost from decorated shoe boxes and with any memorobelia from the pregnancy in each. 

tennisgal
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM

it took several weeks before i stopped bursting into tears, but yes things remind me of it and i zone out and think back to how sad it was or the excitement we had for a new baby at christmas.

sometimes i'll come across my u/s pics in the back of my night stand drawer on accident and it takes me a few minutes to get back to reality.

i'm sorry for your loss. how far were you??

Number1Diva
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Im sorry for your loss, i miscarried one time. I also had to have surgery for removal, it took me about two weeks of being closed in. I still think about it every now and again, i couldn't see a pregnant woman or children for a few months without crying, i was supposed to be four months. Just pray and ask god for peace in your heart. It will take time but u will be fine
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:39 AM
I was over it very quickly My 2nd pregnancy was right after my 1st although my loss was sad I had a tiny baby at home to focus on .A couple of weeks later I found out I was pregnant again with my youngest son Hunter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherryohcherry
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I miscarried early but it still took me a few months to heal. I couldn't go down the aisle they sold pregnancy tests at the drugstore for a while.

keeler_s
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM
I miscarried one time. It took a long time to get past it, I still think about all of the what ifs and I really only get super sad come the day I miscarried or the day I found out and the due date. It was hard at first. I was just about 3 months.
Sorry for your loss! Hugs and I hope things get easier for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Quoting tennisgal:

it took several weeks before i stopped bursting into tears, but yes things remind me of it and i zone out and think back to how sad it was or the excitement we had for a new baby at christmas.

sometimes i'll come across my u/s pics in the back of my night stand drawer on accident and it takes me a few minutes to get back to reality.

i'm sorry for your loss. how far were you??

18.5 weeks but they said the baby seemed to stop developing at 16 weeks and had a 1 in 5 chance of Trisomy 18, which was more than likely the cause of the MC.

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Quoting DACIA79:

I was over it very quickly My 2nd pregnancy was right after my 1st although my loss was sad I had a tiny baby at home to focus on .A couple of weeks later I found out I was pregnant again with my youngest son Hunter.

that was part of it though, I had just miscarried in November and then found out I was pregnant again in January just to lose that one too in May, so my grief was compounded now by 2 miscarriages in less than a year.  I didnt go back for the follow up after the first because I was just so distraught, I was never advised not to get pregnant until after at least 3 months/3 cycles.

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Quoting keeler_s:

I miscarried one time. It took a long time to get past it, I still think about all of the what ifs and I really only get super sad come the day I miscarried or the day I found out and the due date. It was hard at first. I was just about 3 months.

Thats what made it even worse for me because it all happened the week of my birthday, Mother's Day and the actual removal occurred on my husband's birthday, which was also supposed to be the day we found out the sex of the baby but instead was having it removed!

keeler_s
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Sorry:( I lost my baby 2 weeks before my wedding and was due on my birthday. Found out i was pregnant on the 4th of July.
So I understand what you mean about birthdays and holidays.
Hang in there and Pm me if you need someone to talk to!

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting keeler_s:

Thats what made it even worse for me because it all happened the week of my birthday, Mother's Day and the actual removal occurred on my husband's birthday, which was also supposed to be the day we found out the sex of the baby but instead was having it removed!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN