Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am probably showing my age here...

But I noticed that pictures on fb and other pages tend to have lots of women (and sometimes couples) taking pictures of themselves while in the car.

Why?

I don't understand. 

I feel like I am missing something - but at no point when I get in the car do I think "Quick - let me take a quick picture!"

Please enlighten me!  THANKS!

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
specialwingz
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I have wondered the same exact thing numerous times.  =/

Kris_PBG
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Wow - so I'm not alone in this!

I thought I was just clueless and everyone else knew why!

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I have only done it a few times. but its been when I have gone somewhere with my husband and we stop somewhere where he goes in by himself. so I wait in the car for a few mins and I am bored. I start messing around with the camera and take a few pis of myself. I never do it purposely tho. just when I bored. can't say why others do it tho.

Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm Idk either. I'm 24. I mean, I took a pic once of myself--in the car (while I was waiting for DF to get out of the store). That was because it was really bright out and I had dyed my hair and a few people wanted to see what it looked like.

Any other picture in the car was just of my kids because they were doing something cute lol.

snowpeasmom
by Long legged mama on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Look through all the pictures, I am sure anywhere there is a mirror reflection they are taking a picture. Bathrooms, bedrooms, etc

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Vanity

But why the car? Why not their bedroom - or kitchen - or outside?  It is always the car!  LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I'm guilty. I'm 26
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Because they check themselves in the mirror as they're taking the pic.  That's why all the angles are the same, arm up, one eye in the mirror, one on the phone...

Apollos82
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I've only ever done it after a new hair cut to post on FB or once on a wild road trip and it was about 6 of us crammed in one car--and all 6 in the pic.

And I'm "young!" lol I don't get it at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Lighting maybe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdic
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Maybe going on a trip would be an okay time to do it, but other than that I don't understand either.  & I'm 24.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)