Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need some advice

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
My dd who just turned 6 months. She has always had a binki and we have nevsr had an issue execpt for the last two weeks she wakes up screaming and continies till we give it back then she goes back to sleep. How do we break her of this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

cut the very tip of it off. next day cut a little more each day a tiny bit more.She will figure out it doesnt work and will not want it.

farm_mom03
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Bump thanks anyone else have ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
farm_mom03
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Olay so i really need ideas
for. She has woke uo four times now. Put it back in and she stops. This mom needs sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Teach her to bring her fingers to her mouth to suckle those. Anytime she starts crying when the paci falls out, just bring her hands to her mouth and her fingers to her lips. My daughter kept doing what yours is doing until I did that, then she started sucking onher fingers at night and would even put the ears of her stuffed llama in her mouth.

Bax
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM

No advice just sympathy- I can't tell you how many nights my husband & I spent crawling under the crib looking for that dang "paci".  All I can say is...she is 22 and in college and no longer uses it!  

Our son on the other hand,we put the paci in his mouth a few times, never really cared for it and we ended up tossing it before he was even a few weeks old, then came the kid who (if we let her would have had that thing in her mouth 24/7). 

Honestly, I cannot remember how we stopped it.  I just wanted you to know someone sympathizes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN