Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So would anyone actually buy this? (ANYONE live in WA state?)

Posted by   + Show Post

So im curious. I have now added Deodorants to my homemade collection of things I sell. Now i got all the supplies I needed to make them and then broke down what it would cost to sell them. They are 2oz bottles and are made of ALL Natural. They contain NO Aluminum which is very bad for your skin as well as the earth. It is great because it also has a melting point of 120 degrees! So it wont melt in the heat. What im wondering is would you pay a little more for a product like this? I would have to sell it at $6 to double what it cost to make but im going to sell for $5. Thoughts?

So if I were to make up samples would anyone try them if they came in a lip balm container LOL i have a million of them and would offer samples in that type of size and bottle. Or is that to weird?

Update!

Ok so made a 2nd batch and made it in Cucumber Melon scent. Smells Amazing! I have heard from others that no matter how much scent they add it soaks it up and smells of nothing so figured id try it and it worked! So i could make this in anything from cotton candy to ameretto! 

Does anyone here that is interested in this deodorant live in WA state? I went and spent over an hour in the hot sun cleaning up the tree that fell in the storm so hot and sweaty then went for 2 hours at my moms(about 80 degrees outside) and she was hardcore cleaning and had a fire going in her house to get all the trash gone. i helped her clean for 2 hours dumping sweat and i still smell like cucumer melon! I NEED people to try this product! I cant afford shipping right now so i want to offer this to anyone in WA state? so i can get a few reviews. I dont have friends in real life and Even if i did my fans would think i made them say nice things! which i would never do!

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (81-90):
rebel_mommy09
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Same here. The kind I use now smells like cucumber melon and smells good.

Quoting mich.el.le:

I would try it in a lip balm thing but I don't want to smell like tea tree oil. :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

lip balm sized deodorant would be awesome for a purse but I would sure hate to forget its deodorant lol

Lachrymose
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I would totally try the samples.. I'd want a list of ingredients too.. you could get testimonials from people who use it to help your sales too.. (like from people who have a tough time with deodorants and started using your products).  :) 

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I would try a sample and if I liked it I would totally buy it! I love homemade natural products and I love to support small businesses!

CrimsonGrace
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM
$6 doesn't sound bad, for an all natural product.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Yes where do I sign up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM

are your containers recyclable?

ashiilolo
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I would. I buy degree deodorant, its like 7 dollars. I would deffinitly try yours

GypsiSky
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Quoting circle_of_life:

I would try a sample and if I liked it I would totally buy it! I love homemade natural products and I love to support small businesses!

C8linVilla
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM

BUMP for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)