Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I have been 'poo free for almost a year. I have been going to the pool almost everyday. My hair feels and looks nasty when I get out of the pool. I rinse my hair in hot water as soon as I get out. I could take my stuff and wash my hair there but I'm on a 10 day wash cycle and I'd hate to break it. I worked hard to get my hair on a 10 day cycle.

Does anyone have any ideas that will help? I washed my hair lastnight and it looks and feels normal again but in going to the pool in an hour so it will be nasty feeling again.
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
Paperfishies
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
What about buying a swim cap and not exposing your hair to the pool chemicals?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KitschyGirl
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Can you put your hair up? It felt gross wet but it never looked really bad. Just like maybe I used too much hair product. Lol

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Hmmm. I'm so tempted.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

No. It never smelled at all. I love my hair now. It's like it can do no wrong. Lol Greta is poo free too.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Did it ever stink Nicki? I want to try it but not sure if I can get away with it at work, I need to look somewhat professional, Kwim?

Quoting KitschyGirl:

I made a post about it. I'm on mobile but you can search my screen name.

Quoting kurdi:

Any links or info on this poo free thing? I'm interested :)

Quoting nzumbrun:

My hair has been amazing since I went poo free. It used to be lifeless and really thin but now it full and really nice.

Quoting LiliMama18:

Although, it does look dryer than normal-just took this right now. I washed w baking soda this am and just let it dry naturally. I like the tousled look but my hair generally hasn't been frizzy/dry like this since going no poo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I heat style my hair a lot, like everyday and would still need to do that so I'm not sure. I'm going to look into it though.

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

I would suggest researching and giving it a try. My sister is a cosmetologist and she is floored by how much healthier my hair is.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Hmmm. I'm so tempted.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

No. It never smelled at all. I love my hair now. It's like it can do no wrong. Lol Greta is poo free too.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Did it ever stink Nicki? I want to try it but not sure if I can get away with it at work, I need to look somewhat professional, Kwim?

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting kurdi:

Quoting nzumbrun:

My hair has been amazing since I went poo free. It used to be lifeless and really thin but now it full and really nice.

Quoting LiliMama18:

Although, it does look dryer than normal-just took this right now. I washed w baking soda this am and just let it dry naturally. I like the tousled look but my hair generally hasn't been frizzy/dry like this since going no poo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KitschyGirl
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I used a curling iron throughout the process.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

I heat style my hair a lot, like everyday and would still need to do that so I'm not sure. I'm going to look into it though.

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

I would suggest researching and giving it a try. My sister is a cosmetologist and she is floored by how much healthier my hair is.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Hmmm. I'm so tempted.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting kurdi:

Quoting nzumbrun:

Quoting LiliMama18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok. In that case im on it! I'm so over spending an hour every morning doing my fucking hair.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Hmmm. I'm so tempted.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting kurdi:

Quoting nzumbrun:

Quoting LiliMama18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KitschyGirl
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Lol. It's unbelievable how everything I didn't like about my hair had nothing to do with my hair and everything to do with shampoo. Lol

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Ok. In that case im on it! I'm so over spending an hour every morning doing my fucking hair.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Hmmm. I'm so tempted.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting kurdi:

Quoting nzumbrun:

Quoting LiliMama18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Not sure, so BUMP! I'm going no poo when my current poo runs out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nzumbrun
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I have thought about a swim cap.

Quoting Paperfishies:

What about buying a swim cap and not exposing your hair to the pool chemicals?

madwifa
by Robin on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM

before swimming wet your hair it will not soak up so much of the chlorine also you can put some conditioner on there too before swimming it will help close the cuticle and keep choraline soak in.

nzumbrun
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Quoting KitschyGirl:

Lol. It's unbelievable how everything I didn't like about my hair had nothing to do with my hair and everything to do with shampoo. Lol

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Hmmm. I'm so tempted.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting kurdi:

Quoting nzumbrun:

Quoting LiliMama18:

Its amazing how much nicer my hair is now that I'm not using shampoo anymore. I had to use it about a month ago and my husband immediately looked at me and asked what happened to my hair!! lol I washed it once with baking soda and he could see the difference!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN