Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why does everyone...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

hate on Barbie? What the heck is wrong with Barbie? I had tons of Barbies and Barbie accessories growing up and there isn't anything wrong with me. My mom played with Barbies. So did all my aunts and there is nothing wrong with them. Someone tell me what is so wrong with Barbie. Can you honestly tell me that some of the other dolls (like Bratz) are better than frigging Barbie?

I'm the type of girl who can only be defined as different, complicated, and unique.

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Many women don't like them because she do4esnt look natural. If she were real her measurements would be insanely HOT. Some moms don't like it. I have no problem with her.

cmabbott
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I don't know anyone that hates on Barbie.  My oldest DD has a few that have never come out of the box.  When my little brother was growing up he wanted a "Pink rollerskating Barbie" He never got one, thinking about getting it for his 21st bday :D

UxorQuodMatris.
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM
We love Barbie in this house lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I don't think anyone ever said Bratz are better than Barbie, like, ever. They're awful.

While we don't hate on Barbie here, dd doesn't have any either. She's more into comic books and Barbie doesn't have any of those.

Lizardannie1966
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

My oldest Dd played with Barbies constantly as a little girl. She did not grow-up (she's 25 now) believing that this should be the true image of a woman or whatever the hell the issue is with Barbie.

My youngest Dd didn't *get* what the point was with Barbie and her buddies. "They're stick figures with heads. What I am supposed to do with this?"

Even at 3 and 4 years old, this child had a critical and analytical brain. lol :)

I still don't get the hullaballo about Bratz, either.

mom2twoboys41
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM

i dont have a problem with her i used to have barbies when i was growing up

mrgetinold
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Oh my i hated the bratz dolls they looked like hookers and when my dd was in 3rd grade they would say oh barbies are so yesterday, i had many barbies i even had the 70s head that u styled but couldnt really do anything with lol, i never wanted to look like her either ( so not tall, blonde) and my mom was soooo sick of stepping on barbies shoes ( i think alot of them got vaccumed up as she was so tired of them) heres is the real kicker with 4 dds my mom also got tired of the naked barbies and so she painted swimsuits on them with navy blue paint one piece ones lol love that barbie
sam12796
by Sandy on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM

My girls haven't asked for one or gotten any  yet but I don't hater her. Had a few growing up.

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I don't hate her. She reminds me of myself. ; )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM

DISCLAIMER: I only had a son so this is in the way of general thoughts. While I recognize that Barbie does present a multitude of roles to which a little girl may aspire I dislike Barbie because it is a "consumer" toy that replaces true play value with a broad range o accessories as a way to simply peddle more stuff and that sends a very questionable message to our little girls. Our lives should not be measured by the amount of stuff we own or wish to own either for ourselves or for our dolls. It also puts too high a value on beauty, glamour, and fashion instead of passion of purpose, dedication to a higher cause, and the hard work and learning necessary for all those jobs/careers for which Barbie has outfits and accessories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)