Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So dh is stuck with me lol anyone else not believe in it? My parents divorced when I was about 4 so I think that's why. And ds is from a previous relationship that blew up when he was 1 and he's really done so much better since dh joined our family. He calls him daddy :)

ETA since obviously I meant except in case of abuse or anything illegal or dangerous. Duh.

ETA 2. No marriage isn't Santa clause. I wonder if people are being purposely obtuse? Anyway I'm merely implying that the vows I took, I took them seriously. They aren't just words on a piece of paper. Dh and I are in this for the long haul. Through the good and bad, sickness and health...sound familiar? And on another topic that someone decided to bring up...never did I say I was against premarital sex so yes I had a child out of wedlock. Wahoo. What's your point? I don't see that as being immoral, sounds like you're the one with issues. Obviously is dh hit me, I'd have his balls. If he decided to become a drug addict, I'd help him get help. If he decided to rob a bank, I'd turn him in. However knowing him, the only addiction he'd have is to skyrim.
And I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
M.I.A...P.O.W
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this

When me and my stxh got married 13 years ago neither of us believed in divorce. The last  8 1/2 years I was completely miserable. I tried and tried to just make it work but we always went back to how it was before. Towards the end I was accused daily of cheating and that was when I broke and decided I could not handle this anymore. 

Anybody and everybody can say I took the easy way out. But I refused to live the rest of my life hoping he would croak over and die just so I didn't have to be with him anymore. I am the happiest I have been ever.

angelenia
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
yep, yep and a woot! woot! for you, mama, for cherishing yourself enough to face the painful truth and the alnighty courage to kick his ass to the curb.

Quoting MyasMommy463:

I did not believe it it either.. HOWEVER.. I also did not believe in living a  life of hell and betrayal..so I left..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol so having a child out of wedlock is fine but not divorce. Lmao
okeydokey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I also don't wish to throw in the towel so easily. Abuse of any kind towards me or any children (ours or otherwise) and adultery are the only things I will be divorcing for.

However, while DH agrees with me at the moment, I am well aware he may feel differently down the road.

That's life. But I'm along for the ride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM
She stated why she felt this way, and it wasn't for religious reasons. So...where did this comment come from?

Quoting teri4lance:

okeydokey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Bc selective morality is ironic.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

She stated why she felt this way, and it wasn't for religious reasons. So...where did this comment come from?

Quoting teri4lance:

okeydokey

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
...I don't think it's about morality as much as what she wants for her kids that she didn't receive as a child.

Quoting teri4lance:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Quoting teri4lance:

okeydokey

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Ok great. It doesn't change my opinion.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

...I don't think it's about morality as much as what she wants for her kids that she didn't receive as a child.

Quoting teri4lance:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Quoting teri4lance:

okeydokey

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Only if there is infidelity or abuse.  DH and I have always had very similar feelings bout marriage.  This was discussed long before we were married.

smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I believe your opinion is that selective morality is ironic. I'm not trying to change that opinion. It just doesn't apply here.

Quoting teri4lance:

Ok great. It doesn't change my opinion.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Quoting teri4lance:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Quoting teri4lance:

okeydokey

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)