Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is it with kids getting up early on summer break?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM
  • 8 Replies

I thought summer break was for sleeping in. Not for dd.  S/O had to get up at 6:30,, of course his alarm woke me up twice, Right after he left dd woke me up. I asked her what time it was and she said 7:16. Im like WTF? go back to bed its too early to get up lol.  Shes always up between 7 and 7:30. Then she woke me up at 8:30 cuz she was hungry and we dont have anymore cereal or thingd=s she can make herself.  Anyone else have any early birds?

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

My dd is an early bird.  She is usually awake by 6 no matter what time she went to bed, however me and my ds both love sleeping in, but can't this summer as I have been baby sitting a very good friend's ds and they are here no later than 7:15 every morning monday-friday so the days when i work until 1am it's a little rough, but we make it work.

blazenangel5
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Ugh! IDK but mine are all up and ready to fight by 6:30! During the school year i have to get them up at 6:15 and they scream and cry and throw fits!

dirby1988
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Mine is a pain in the rear to get in bed at 8 on school nights but then is really hard to get up in the mornings if she goes to bed any later. She gets up at 7 for skool cuz bus comes at 7:25 and we have to walk a block to bus stop

Quoting blazenangel5:

Ugh! IDK but mine are all up and ready to fight by 6:30! During the school year i have to get them up at 6:15 and they scream and cry and throw fits!

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM
My kids are up between 6:30 and 7:30 year round, but then, they have since birth so I am used to it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delmobaby
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Mine are usually up between six and seven. Sometimes even before six and my almost four yr old was up at five. And its hard because i dont get the cleaning done and into bed til between ten and eleven and have trouble falling askeep. For almost two weeks most nights my seven yr old wakes me up crying because he having nightmares and my almost two yr old has been waking up twice a night this past week. Im starting to feel like a zombie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1mommy2him
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM

My son doesnt know the difference yet so I will be stuck getting up early no matter what not only that I get up when my SO gets up for work.

mommy2b39465
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

It's b/c summer break just happens to coincide with the sun coming up earlier in the day. Mine will sleep till 7:30, 8:00 during the winter, but in summer they're up like clockwork around 6am. 

Kageegirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I am always up at the latest by 6:30am so I don't worry if my boys get up early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN