Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thanks for ruining my daughters birthday again Target.*update*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 71 Replies
So I ordered my daughters Dora cake last week for today. I get there and they hand me a plain white icing sheet cake with purple border and the most plain happy birthday mya ever. My four year old could've done that. I am soo beyond angry its not even funny. At least they got her name right this year. I handed it back and said this is not what I ordered. The girl who barely spoke English said sorry this is on the order form. Another target employee again who barely spoke English helped me freaking pick out the cake and age ordered it wrong?? Never. Freaking. Again. I wrote on their Facebook wall and all they said was to send an email which I was already planning to do and did. So I ended up getting a generic cake at sams which looked ten times better than what they handed me over there. Vent over. Happy birthday mya:/

Pic on reply 58!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
militarywife09
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I didn't know Traget did cakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I'm sorry that happened. Was it a Super Target?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Did you take a pic?
jella31
by Angela on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM
^^yes super target. We ordered one two years ago and it wasn't even ready, they started making it when I showed up and they spelled her name wrong. Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Target has always made great cakes for us. Did you watch them fill out the order form?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jella31
by Angela on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM
No I should've but of course I didn't keep it. I handed back to the girl.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Did you take a pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM
3 moms liked this
That sucks but in the grand scheme of things, I am sure her whole birthday wasn't ruined over a cake. Sounds like you fixed the problem and learned your lesson not to go back for custom made cakes.
jella31
by Angela on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I had to take the forked from her when she couldn't spell her name right again and write it down for her. That should've been my first sign. Then while I did that I signed at the bottom.

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

Target has always made great cakes for us. Did you watch them fill out the order form?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jella31
by Angela on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Yup sure did. I like sams cakes and that's where we always get them but I just wanted something a little more decorative. Guess I'm just sticking to sams from now on.

Quoting JulyBabies:

That sucks but in the grand scheme of things, I am sure her whole birthday wasn't ruined over a cake. Sounds like you fixed the problem and learned your lesson not to go back for custom made cakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Sam's Club makes super yummy cakes. We used a sheet cake from them for our wedding guests.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)