Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

American Baby Names Getting Worse

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

Find the original article here:  http://deadspin.com/5924827/american-baby-names-are-somehow-getting-even-worse

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Whew! DS's name wasn't on there. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

DD has a classic name.  I met a 5 yr old today with an older classic name.  It wont come to me right now though LOL.

BraydensMama163
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2Imo
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM
A friend of mine named her son Ryker . She spent the last weeks of her pregnancy bed ridden at the hospital . We all joked that she had seen the hospital beds (the brand name is STRYKER).So much that she subconsciously found the name Ryker in it...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caitmlo
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Lmfao
Alikins
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM
My friend was allowed to help name her baby brother (she was 16 when he was born). She chose Zaden... Her new daughter's name is Envy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

DD has a classic name.  I met a 5 yr old today with an older classic name.  It wont come to me right now though LOL.

I remembered !!!  It was Clara.  I dont hear that too much anymore.

.SupermOmOf2
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

See I for one like unique names to a point I mean if you name your child like for instance Zenden instead of Brenden then he won't have to worry about being like the 5th or 6th Brenden in his class so they would all have to be called Brenden L or Brenden Z like one yr in my son's class there were 3 Eli's all spelled different so they all had to be called by their first names and last name initials...It doesn't affect or offened me in any way what name someone elses child is at all...I have been lucky and there have never been any children with the same names as my DD and my DS yet in their classes..

Ghost Hunters #1 Fan

tennisgal
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol!! I hate the string of baby names that are so "unique" for your child who will be exactly like all of his friends and classmates!

.SupermOmOf2
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM

& some times people use names from different countries I think they are cool and unique

Ghost Hunters #1 Fan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN