Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I have noticed a large number of moms on CM who have "fiances " and I am wondering why marriage before babies isn't important anymore.
I am "older " than that crowd and wonder if its generational ; my parents were still married till my mom died.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (31-40):
CocoMama88
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I didn't get married until ds was 9 months old. (One year ago tomorrow!!) It was important to me that our marriage wasn't just about our kid, but that we truely wanted to make the commitment and loved eachother for the right reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melame68
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM

idk that its become any less important to people so much as its become acceptable. i think the same amount of people didnt care for it 50 years ago as now. but they HAD to get married...etc. kwim?

motherslove82
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I think it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildlilacs
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Marriage is not important, its the committment to one another, that is important, and committment to the family and children. Marriage is just a ceremony. I understand marriage can protect assets like property, money and pension. But otherwise, why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Marriage is very important to me. And I made damn sure not to bring a child into this world before I was married.

And religion has nothing to do with my views, as DH and I are both atheist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too..

Quoting notjstasocermom:

marriage is important to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
People have been doing this for ever BUT it is more acceptable now. I don't believe it is a generational thing. I am 22 and marriage before kids was very important for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat31
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I was married for 9 years, had two children while married. I got divorced and refuse to get married again. I don't really care about what anyone else does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyByrdNest
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Well the truth is marriage isn't for sissies, lazy or selfish people . If you are any one of those things then you are better off not getting married because you will probably end up miserable or divorced anyway.  

HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Made me laughsnort.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Well the truth is marriage isn't for sissies, lazy or selfish people . If you are any one of those things then you are better off not getting married because you will probably end up miserable or divorced anyway.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)