Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How Joanna Is Making Her Body a Place Where Cancer Doesn't Want to Be

Posted by   + Show Post

After she was diagnosed with cancer, one of the first things Joanna did was change how she was eating. And with the help of an organic-oriented personal chef - generously funded by friends and coworkers in lieu of bringing homemade meals directly to the family - Joanna is now fueling her body with the most nutritious, cancer-fighting foods available.

Watch to learn why some foods are bad (bye-bye caffeine, sugar and dairy) and others are helpful (tons of organic produce).

Have you ever changed your diet to help your body fight (or prevent) disease or illness?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-19):
letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM

wow , im in awe

mom2_girlz
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Praying for Her! I saw on the Doctors show, women should eat at least 1/2 cup raw purple onion a day, its a cancer prevention type food i think they said it prevents ovarian cancer.

Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I "loved" this video..it was wonderful to see coworkers pulling together for someone they cared for. What an amazing "gift"..

stargazer629
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I read somewhere that baking soda helps rid body of cancer too. something with baking soda and mollasses..not sure, but kinda makes sense.....just some useless bit of info for u to look up :D Good luck in ur fight!

bbyslynn
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I just recently made the switch and am trying to find healthier things for my family to eat. We had a young friend diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and was given 2 months to live.......but he shocked his doctors and nurses and he beat it! CANCER FREE! By doing exactly what she is doing! Good for her for not giving up! I will be thinking of her in this journey and I hope she can inspire others to make the switch too! 

sbvigil
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I am a diabetic, so I am careful about what I put in my body.  I usually get the organic veggie/fruit baskets from bountiful baskets, they bring them every Saturday right across from my house & all local produce/fruit.  I also limit my caffeine & sugar intake so I feel better.

I wish Joanna luck!  Very touching video  :)

stefvan
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Praying for her.  I am a firm believer that the body is meant to heal itself with proper nutrition.  I've seen it myself by pulling my dd off of all of her asthma medicines and putting her on a daily nutrition supplement that is full of vitamins and nutrients.  Those meds cause asthma!  It's right in the fine print.  And, God only knows what all of that Predinsone has done to her.  Thankfully, she is done with that stuff and has only had 1 small flare up in 18 months.  That use to be a weekly occurance! 

aries2984
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I am new to cafemom thought i would say hi to everyone.butterfly

blessed107
by Sonja on Jul. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Amazing! True inspiration.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)