Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you homeschool , or thought about it ?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Replies (141-150):
all2gethernow
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM

yes...four kids, homeschooled since birth, oldest graduating in January, youngest now entering middle school. Was a single mom for most of it. LOVED every second of it. My kids thrived and LOVE being homeschooled. They have never even thought about school. I have no idea what I will do with myself when we are done, it will be a total of 23 years homeschooling:) Wouldn't have it any other way:)

noey31308
by Noelle on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I'm thinking about it my 4 yr old will start kindergarten next yr so I have a yr to decide I just don't really know. Much on how to homeschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peachesforme
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM

yes we did for 2 years. my 2 dds are now in charter school, been there for 1 year so far, and it's SOO much better. They are both advanced and my oldest is doing a cambridge university advanced program this school year which is the only program of its kind in our state. only a select few get into that program and my dd was a shoe in! so excited for her and proud of her!

mich.el.le
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Thinking about it and will probably do either online school or homeschool with supplement.

teal.blaze
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Ds is only 9 months, so no, I don't homeschool yet. I've definitely considered it, but I live in an area that has a lot of really good public AND private schools, so we'll see what I decide!

1mommy2him
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Im thinking about doing it part time with my son soon since he might not get into preschool this year.

Bri060492
by Bri on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I have thought about homeschooling. My child is highly allergic to dogs and cats. I'm scared to send him to public school because of the allergies and I can't control kids when they are at home before they come to school.

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Hell no I am not insane.  LOL!!

gilbertgrl627
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I guess I'll be doing what they call "supplemental homeschooling". My DD will be in kindergarten, but only for half-day (it's $300 for full day). So, I'm going to work with her on the things they'll do during the second half of the day (science, social studies, economics). I hope that's enough. lol. I'm doing a lot of research on it, and think it'll be great.

MamaSwan001
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I've have thought about homeschooling, I just don't know.. It has its pros and cons.I have already begun teaching her sign language and to read with programs on my own. She's only ten months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN