Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

shes just too quiet!! Has anyone had this?? help?? pleaSE!!

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:37 AM
  • 37 Replies

It worries the heck out of me!! Has anyone ever had a baby that just hardly ever cried?? Or a baby that slept almost all night from the third night? My first DD NEVER slept! I mean EVER!! She was very colicky! But Izzy is five days old, for the past two nights she has woken up once a night for a bottle, she eats about two ounces then back to sleep for another six hours or so! during the day she eats slightly smaller amounts about an ounce to and ounce and a half every two hours or so. The only time she ever cries is when we are changing her diaper or letting us know she is hungry. She will just lay there for a good hour and look at things, just lay there with her eyes open looking! If I happen to talk while she is in her bouncer or in someone elses arms she will turn her head in my direction. But its almost weird how little she cries, she just eats, poops, then falls back asleep just as peaceful as she woke up! I worry there is something wrong, she has a little jaundice but doctor just told us to keep putting her in the window while she naps. Have any of you ever had a baby like this? Is it normal and I'm just used to having a colicky baby? Should I be worried? 

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allabout11708
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
No honey you should count yourself lucky :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:40 AM

My son (firstborn) was like that. Perfect baby. I would always brag on him and always had people say just wait until your second and sure enough my daughter is the fussiest baby ever. Always crying, pitches fits in restaunts...its just different babies have different temperments. Enjoy the quiet!

DamiensMommy1
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:40 AM
My DS is basically like that too... weird huh?! He will have his off nights but is an AMAZING baby! Ds1 was a great baby also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:41 AM
My DD never cried til she was 4 months. Ever! She slept through the night at 4 days. Wait til she is 4!! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMMOM
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Bump cuz I have no idea. Hopefully it just means she is an easy baby and you can enjoy the serenity of a quiet one. : )  

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Shhhhh......don't ruin a good thing....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiasmommy201
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM
My dd has been like that since we brought her home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:44 AM

My first was like this...when I had my second (who by the way I found out much later was colicy) I kept wondering what I was doing wrong.

christi34
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Quoting wifeofvet:

Shhhhh......don't ruin a good thing....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Nope, both of my babies were happy just to be. they weren't great sleepers, but i never had an issue with them crying or fussing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)