Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No, it's not okay to take a baby into a movie theatre!

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 305 Replies
12 moms liked this
So, I'm sure you've all heard about the parents that took their three or so month old out to the midnight showing of batman when the shooting happened. There've been a few debates on my Facebook with people discussing if it's ok to bring an infant to a midnight movie theatre. Well, some parents are arguing, saying the baby is fine cause it just sleeps through the movie, or how not everyone has a babysitter to go at that time. Um, who cares?! If you don't have a babysitter, don't go to the movies! There is NO excuse to bring a brand new baby to a movie theatre! I leave those places with my ears hurting from how loud it is, I can't imagine what that baby would be going through. Not to mention, that baby should be sleeping at home, not out in the cold standing in line and then a theatre for hours! When you are a parent, you have to give some things up, that's what being a parent means. I can't believe how selfish some people are.
Edit: I am in no way saying this is what I got out of the event that occurred. What happened was a tragic event, and my hearts go out to the families. All I'm talking about, is the light that was shed onto the situation from this. It's just a discussion about weither or not it's ok to bring an infant to a movie theater.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM
19 moms liked this
As long as the baby is not crying and distracting other theater goers, I don't see a problem with it. I am sure midnight outings are not a regular occurrence and being out late one night is not going to negatively affect the babies life.
HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM
8 moms liked this
I don't take my young children out that late for anything but an emergency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM
20 moms liked this

My thoughts and prayers are with those that have suffered through this tragedy. That is all.

lovesal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this

There is no law stating that you can't bring a 3 month old to the movies at 12 o'clock. I personally wouldn't do it, but they are the parents of their children and make the decisions for them. It's not up to you to say that they that's it's not okay. It was their choice, not yours, not mine, theirs.

deadlights86
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM
4 moms liked this
I fully agree. Someone else called me an idiot for thinking this way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_cullum
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that's just YOUR OPINION on the subject. I have taken an infant to a late night movie before. She slept through the whole movie and never stired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I disagree about the late at night factor. Different families have different schedules. I also disagree with the standing outside in the cold part.. dressed appropriately, that doesn't matter.
I do agree with how fucking LOUD the movie theater is. I do agree that children that young should not be there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PunkyBrewster74
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM
I agree with you op!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM
7 moms liked this
I disagree. I don't see the harm in having a date night with an infant sleeping in their carrier. What happened in Colorado, while tragic, was an isolated incident (hopefully). Anything can happen at any time. It could've easily happened in the middle of the afternoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not take my baby or a sleeping child to a midnight show but saying that at least they did not go leave the kids alone at home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)