Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This is why I don't understand getting riled up about what people are wearing...

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at Target today, just purchasing one thing. I noticed when I got in line that the lady in front of me had B.O. and was dressed very sloppy. She was wearing *gasp* PJ pants and a spaghetti strap tank top with her bra showing and some house shoes. I was just in line minding my own business when I noticed she was crying. She was about $2 short to get her things and was having a hard time trying to decide what she should keep or put back. I stepped forward and said, "Ma'am, I have two dollars, don't worry about it," and handed my card to the clerk. She tried to say no but I said no please, I have been there before, I want to help you. So while her things were being bagged and I checked out with my one little item, she told me her story. Her home burned down and they lost everything. They were staying in a shelter for a few days while waiting for their insurance to come in. In the meantime, they were relying completely on donations and since we've had fires and this huge drought, the shelter had almost nothing to offer them so she was at Target buying decent clothes and personal hygeine products.

This type of thing is exactly why I don't understand all the posts saying, "If you go out in PJ pants, you obviously don't care about yourself!" That person could have just gotten out of the hospital and needed medicine. They could have just gotten back from a long road trip and needed groceries ASAP. Or they could have been in a fire and living out of their car- you DON'T know, so WHY even waste your time wondering or worrying about it?

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Replies (71-80):
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM
That's so sweet of you!

I went out in sweatpants a lot after having my kids...since having kids my periods are like 7 days and INTENSE, but life doesn't stop and still have to go to the store. And ya know some people don't have many clothes..way back when we had our first after I had her, we were broke..dh had lost his job right before having her and I wasn't okayed for work til 7 weeks, we had no money, and of course, none of my jeans fit cause I was 3 weeks pp, I had to wear sweatpants til like 6 weeks and a friend gave me some jeans tthat were my size, I was grateful. Luckily I got to go back to work and dh found a new job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Totally agree!

laysensmommy
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:28 AM

i completely applaud you! your amazing to be so considerate and nice when so many people wont

amandaarles
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I love this post, and agree with you. We dont know others stories and it is not our place to judge them. Everyone goes thru rough spots in their lives eventually and I sure hope there is someone willing to help me if God forbide I should need it.

smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I agree. I wandered around in PJ's a LOT the last two weeks, until the last couple days. I was going to the stores in PJ's, walking the beach in PJs. Yeah... I'm sure people thought they knew what was up.

hope_love_dream
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:35 AM

go KK!

BeAmour
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:37 AM
and that's why we love you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kikitice
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I'm glad you could help her and you are right, you never know what someone is going through. Judge not yet ye be judged!

4everJs
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:40 AM
I go out in sweats, tshirts, bun in hair, zero make up all the time if i can get away with it on my days off. I have to dress up, drown myself in make up and fix my hair M-F for work at the crack of dawn. I don't want to have to deal with it on my day off and my face needs to breathe lol. I've been treated like crap at stores because of it (looking at you and treating you like your some lower class nothing) but honestly I could care less. I know who I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom21
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:19 AM
That's so awesome of you. I never pay attention to people around me because I'm usually in a hurry. I think I need to start. I could miss out on helping someone who could really use it. Even if it's just to talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN