Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any other moms have premie babies

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:08 PM
  • 56 Replies

I am thankful for my three wonderful kids....they were all premies.  It was rough in the begining, but they have come through well.  I was seeing if anyone could relate to having premature babies.

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dirby1988
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:13 PM

nope mine was 8lbs 13oz but heres a bump

mama_cullum
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM
My middle child was born at 34 weeks 5 days. I delivered early from a placental abruption. She was 6 pounds 12 ounces. I'm blessed she survied. She was unresponsive when she came out and it to a little over 3 minutes to get her responsive. She had low blood sugar but thankfully after a few feelings it came up. She had reflux but now she is happy healthy 4 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MNDsM
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM
My 31 weekers will be 13 in a week! They are big, handsome, healthy young men. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCeleste0722
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM

My twin boys were born at 34w2d. We had some issues with developmental delays and speech delays but they have made so much progress! They're 5 now. 

Rach7224
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM
My daughter was full term 2 lbs 10 oz. She has cdls. They considered her preemie of course. She is 4 now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twowildboys
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

My first child was a premiee. He had a rough road but he was a fighter . He is now a happy healthy nine year old. Im so blessed he is here with us in the nicu I seen so many mommas leave without their babies :(. My other two were born full term. I thank god every day for my babies :)

alyssasmommy318
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Whats Cdls?

Quoting Rach7224:

My daughter was full term 2 lbs 10 oz. She has cdls. They considered her preemie of course. She is 4 now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen161
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QJsmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I didn't but I almost lost mine, I was 40w 4d. He was in the NICU, and people would ask me if he wasa preemie when he got out. He wasn't a real small baby he was 7lbs 6oz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmart18255
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM

i have twins that are former 29 and a 1/2 weekers. they are 9 yrs old now and have come through any obstacles wonderfully the only lasting effects from the prematurity is they both have learning disabilities, and adhd. it was very rough after they came home because their apnea monitors would keep going off so basically for the first 3 months they were home i didnt sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN