Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Here is a short back story. My husband and his ex have 2 kids. They got divorced, she moved them away without permission, kept them away for years, and denied them contact with their father. They are adults now and can drive so they visited us alone for the first time. They visited 2 years ago for the first time since they left. Their son brought his girlfriend too so we met her.

Anyway, the girlfriend posted "in (the state we live in)" on facebook. Someone commented "Meeting the parents?" and their mother commented "no. His parents live in (state they live in). :)"

I need yall to tell me I am being childish and not to post anything because what I want to post is this "(Son's name)'s father and I enjoyed meeting you. You are welcome in our home in (state we live in) anytime"

I hate this woman. She is so damn insecure and is still trying to cut my husband out of his children's lives. It has been over 12 years, get the eff over it. They have a father and a step mother and brothers and sisters!!!

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Replies (31-39):
MdMom289
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

This. It's more personal. Stay out of the drama. His kids will see who the bigger person is in the end.

Quoting connie45:

Leave it be. Write a personal note to each kid saying it directly to them, the ones that matter.

blondieof3kids
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:35 PM

How come your dh never went and tried to find his children?  There are laws against holding kids from seeing the other parent its called Parental Alienation - she could of went to jail for that......Glad that your DH and you were able to finally meet the kids......

GingerZombie
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Ignore and block.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Ignore her, she isnt worth you time or typing, let her rot in her state and be what she wants to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyIslandGirls
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:40 PM
This will only bring more grief. Take the high road and ignore it. Let the children make their own judgements on this situation.
Mom24munchkins
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:40 PM
This. But I'd totally write on their walls or tag them in pictures.

Quoting MANILOVE:

Ignore her, replying will only show her that you give her importance. She just bitter that your dh moved on and have life. the most important thing is that the kids are in contact with your dh..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rednaxelaym
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Childish...maybe, but i have no idea how your husband treated her or if she had a good reason to keep the kids away...
puglove029
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

We knew where they were. Our calls and letters were intercepted. They have always been over 1000 miles away from us, so it's not like we could just head on over to their house. Also, she had remarried a man in the military and they lived on base. We took her to court several times for it but they never did anything. She had a lawyer, we had ourselves. It's not easy to fight someone in court when you have no money for lawyers. I did most of the work but my husband had to be the one to present it and he is not good in front of people. We also didn't want to put her in jail, we just wanted our  visitation. That's all we wanted.

Quoting blondieof3kids:

How come your dh never went and tried to find his children?  There are laws against holding kids from seeing the other parent its called Parental Alienation - she could of went to jail for that......Glad that your DH and you were able to finally meet the kids......

puglove029
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I don't know how their relationship was. I heard different stories from each of them. All I know is how he treats me and our children and he has never done anything to hurt us. There aren't many circumstances that I would agree with keeping children away from their parents anyway. If she didn't want them to be alone then she could have asked for supervised visits.

Quoting rednaxelaym:

Childish...maybe, but i have no idea how your husband treated her or if she had a good reason to keep the kids away...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN