Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HERE HE IS... THE AURORA KILLER **** UPDATE WITH REAL MUGSHOT****

Shooting suspect in court with orange-red hair

By P. SOLOMON BANDA and NICHOLAS RICCARDI Associated Press The Associated Press
Monday, July 23, 2012 1:31 PM EDT

James E. Holmes appears in Arapahoe County District Court, Monday, July 23, 2012, in... (AP Photo/Denver Post, RJ Sangosti, 

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — A former doctoral student accused of going on a deadly shooting rampage at a showing of the new Batman movie appeared in court for the first time on Monday, but he didn't seem to be there at all.

James Holmes shuffled into court with his hands cuffed and his brown hair dyed orange-red — the first look the world got of the 24-year-old since the Friday shooting that left 12 people dead and 58 others injured at a packed midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises."

Unshaven and appearing dazed, Holmes sat virtually motionless in a maroon jailhouse jumpsuit, his eyes drooping as the judge advised him of the severity of the case. At one point, Holmes simply closed his eyes.

He didn't say a word. His attorneys did all the talking when the judge asked if he understood his rights.

Prosecutors said later they didn't know if Holmes was on medication. Authorities have said he is being held in isolation at the jail. Holmes' demeanor appeared to anger the relatives of some of the victims who attended the hearing. One woman's eyes welled up with tears.

The hearing was also the first confirmation that Holmes' hair was colored. Soon after the shooting, there were reports of his hair being red and that he called himself "The Joker" when he was arrested. "The Joker" is one of Batman's enemies in the fictional Gotham and has brightly colored hair.

It was not immediately known if he told officers that he was Batman's nemesis, however.

Investigators also found a Batman mask inside Holmes' apartment after they finished clearing the home of booby traps, a law enforcement official close to the investigation said Sunday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the news media.

Holmes, whom police say was clad in body armor and armed with an assault rifle, a shotgun and handguns during the attack, was arrested shortly after in the parking lot. He is refusing to cooperate, authorities said. They said it could take months to learn what prompted the attack. 

HIS MUG SHOT 

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Replies (141-147):
bhmomma
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I get what you're saying, and I was kinda wondering the sane thing. What makes an intelligent, pretty successful young man wake up one day and decide that he was going to do that, then prepare and carry through with his plan? Where did the idea come from, why did he feel it was necessary, what made him change from a normal young man to a killer, did he think it was okay or did he know it was wrong? So many questions that could all go into deciding the validity of an insanity plea.

Quoting BeAmour:

I know, that's what I was trying to say.

Quoting gemikris82:

it didnt just happen one day, this was planned for months

Quoting BeAmour:

something happened within him. a normal, intelligent, ph.d. student doesn't just decide one day to shoot up anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlet29
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I so agree

Quoting elliesmum06:

He looks like he's acting and trying to get people to think he's not okay. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TatorsMommy2205
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I saw another picture of him from before the attack... I think he just dyed his hair that orange red color because that's how he wanted it. I'm not sure that it actually has any correspondence with the killings. 

However, didn't the riddler have orangish red hair?

Quoting staffordmommy:

Ur right his hair was green

Quoting vrbtnseele:

i dont understand the red hair,...the Joker NEVER had red hair, in ANY of the comics,...

zebbyzebby06
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Or hes always been a very manipulative person and can seem like a great person but always has been evil deep down.

Quoting bhmomma:

I get what you're saying, and I was kinda wondering the sane thing. What makes an intelligent, pretty successful young man wake up one day and decide that he was going to do that, then prepare and carry through with his plan? Where did the idea come from, why did he feel it was necessary, what made him change from a normal young man to a killer, did he think it was okay or did he know it was wrong? So many questions that could all go into deciding the validity of an insanity plea.

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting gemikris82:

Quoting BeAmour:

something happened within him. a normal, intelligent, ph.d. student doesn't just decide one day to shoot up anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM
The drs will see right through him

Quoting kidlet29:

I so agree

Quoting elliesmum06:

He looks like he's acting and trying to get people to think he's not okay. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I read some where (I think NBC news) that they are considering a incompetent defense. Which would be the trial off for years to come until he was competent enough to with stand trial

Quoting squag.mom:

It irritates me that they are already setting him up for an insanity defense. I wish they'd let him loose in prison and let the inmates play with him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM
From what I have read, he was failing out of his doctoral program. So maybe if he couldn't be famous he wanted to be infamous....

Quoting bhmomma:

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting gemikris82:

Quoting BeAmour:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)