Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what are your thoughts about Penn state

Posted by   + Show Post

Penn State suspended from Bowl games for next 4 years, lose a bunch of scholarships, fined 60 million dollars and lose all their football victories dating back to 1998. The punishment for their coverup in the Jerry Sandusky scandal.
Is the punishment excessive or justified?

I think its excessive.. why punish a whole school for what a handful of people have done, the man that did this is in jail.. So ladies what do you think..

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Replies (81-90):
0Kit0
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Whats wrong with firing everyone who had something to do with that program and getting in a new set? They start from scratch but still have scholarships to offer students. The program won't be as good but who cares, those kids have it as an option.

Wtf does a sport have to do with a damn pedophile? Is there some law that states everyone involved in the sport has to be a pedophile or something?

Quoting aMarieT:

hmmm, lets see...

for years they covered up the abuse of children to "protect" the football program.

Seriously?

the football program was more important that children's innocence?

I would be happy if Penn state was NEVER allowed to field another football team

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aMarieT
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM

The Penn State "leadership" knew that they had a child abuser on their staff and instead of turning him over to the authorities they let it go, all to protect the football program.

Penn state is not the only college with a football team so college bound athletes have MANY options.

an example needs to be set, atrocities like this should NEVER be allowed, yet Penn state allowed it, for years.

as a mother of 3 boys, I would be happy if Penn state was told they could never play another football game

Quoting 0Kit0:

Whats wrong with firing everyone who had something to do with that program and getting in a new set? They start from scratch but still have scholarships to offer students. The program won't be as good but who cares, those kids have it as an option.

Wtf does a sport have to do with a damn pedophile? Is there some law that states everyone involved in the sport has to be a pedophile or something?

Quoting aMarieT:

hmmm, lets see...

for years they covered up the abuse of children to "protect" the football program.

Seriously?

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM

LOL.

what the hell do you mean live closer to campus? i'm at the campus more then 5 times a year for THON related things.....i know enough to know about cans.

and no this is what THE MEDIA WANTS.

if this was taken ccare of back in 1998, joes name wouldn't have been brought up, he didn't know back then...but the police didn't wanna listen to victims mother.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Who said I was hosting the cans now - perhaps if you lived closer to campus you could read better?

This is about dozens of boys being raped. THAT IS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT

not the thon cans, not you - not where you live, not the media not the press not joe pat .

THIS IS ABOUT BOYS BEING RAPED FOR YEARS AND PENN STATE COVERING IT UP.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

first off, i've grown up and live in pa as well, i am literaly 89 miles away from main campus, and literally 5 seconds from the harrisburg campus...secondly, tell your boss that i said thank you, helped save my life.....thirdly, you are NOT allowed to host the thon cans until early sept.

and this ISN'T ABOUT football, it's about the POLITICS.....the media wanted joe gone, they got that, they wanted to football program punished for nothing they had control about...and that's not fair.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Having grown up IN PA and work in PA my boss put two kids and two grand kids through collec at PSU. I know many friends who have gone to PSU - we do host the Thon cans yearly in the store.

This IS about the football and the FOOTBALL program is being sanctioned.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

oooh, you should ask him, next time you talk to him.

people don't understand that the school is way more then just football. but the media wants it to be about the football, so everyone is listening to the media.

Quoting christina0607:

It's very possible he is. We don't live in the same state. It's not something I know.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

it helps with child hood cancer...they work with the four diamonds fund. and they pay all the hospital bills for the patients.

Quoting christina0607:

My cousin goes there, I have no idea. What is it?

FooLynRoo
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I think its pretty clear.. you're trying to correct me in something I never said by saying "you can't host the cans until sept" - I never SAID i was currently hosting a thon can. Why would you say that?

I was saying perhaps you'd learn to read a bit better - since you kinda just blurbed something that didn't make any sense.

And you can BELIEVE that's what the media wants but - that's what a lot more people want.

And btw the DA of the county declined prosecution for the SINGLE victim - because Penn State applied pressure to him.

A lot of people dropped the ball INCLUDING Joe pat.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

LOL.

what the hell do you mean live closer to campus? i'm at the campus more then 5 times a year for THON related things.....i know enough to know about cans.

if this was taken ccare of back in 1998, joes name wouldn't have been brought up, he didn't know back then...but the police didn't wanna listen to victims mother.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Who said I was hosting the cans now - perhaps if you lived closer to campus you could read better?

not the thon cans, not you - not where you live, not the media not the press not joe pat .

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

first off, i've grown up and live in pa as well, i am literaly 89 miles away from main campus, and literally 5 seconds from the harrisburg campus...secondly, tell your boss that i said thank you, helped save my life.....thirdly, you are NOT allowed to host the thon cans until early sept.

and this ISN'T ABOUT football, it's about the POLITICS.....the media wanted joe gone, they got that, they wanted to football program punished for nothing they had control about...and that's not fair.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Having grown up IN PA and work in PA my boss put two kids and two grand kids through collec at PSU. I know many friends who have gone to PSU - we do host the Thon cans yearly in the store.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

people don't understand that the school is way more then just football. but the media wants it to be about the football, so everyone is listening to the media.

Quoting christina0607:

It's very possible he is. We don't live in the same state. It's not something I know.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

it helps with child hood cancer...they work with the four diamonds fund. and they pay all the hospital bills for the patients.

Quoting christina0607:

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM

why don't you go read some reports better....you have your opinion, and i have mine.

secondly, penn state didn't apply any damn pressure, the MOTHER came forward!!!!!!! with the BLOODY UNDERWEAR. and they didn't wanna do anything about it then.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/penn-state-football-lettermans-club-fires-back-at-ncaa-and-mark-emmert-1095626/

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/espn-spanier-writes-letter-to-penn-state-board-of-trustees-1097118/

read those, maybe you'll get some more information about something you know nothing about.

trust me, this about the media, media, media........the media hasn't liked joe for YEARS YEARS, and they wanted him gone! and they got that, the bot got pressured into firing him, but kept mcqueary.

which by the way, who said, he never said he  saw sexual acts, he HEARD them...so in reality, not much could've been done, yes they should've invesigated more...but you can't go on hearsay

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I think its pretty clear.. you're trying to correct me in something I never said by saying "you can't host the cans until sept" - I never SAID i was currently hosting a thon can. Why would you say that?

I was saying perhaps you'd learn to read a bit better - since you kinda just blurbed something that didn't make any sense.

And you can BELIEVE that's what the media wants but - that's what a lot more people want.

And btw the DA of the county declined prosecution for the SINGLE victim - because Penn State applied pressure to him.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

LOL.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting christina0607:

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM

you never daid that you are currently hosting them, but you said you host them early.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

LOL.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting christina0607:

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM

you are correct, there are other colleges with football programs, but not as good as penn state.

do you know why many boys chose penn state?

Quoting aMarieT:

The Penn State "leadership" knew that they had a child abuser on their staff and instead of turning him over to the authorities they let it go, all to protect the football program.

Penn state is not the only college with a football team so college bound athletes have MANY options.

an example needs to be set, atrocities like this should NEVER be allowed, yet Penn state allowed it, for years.

as a mother of 3 boys, I would be happy if Penn state was told they could never play another football game

Quoting 0Kit0:

Quoting aMarieT:

hmmm, lets see...

Seriously?

Cookie-kisses
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I hate football, but know there are plenty of schools better than penn state  ---especially now, but even before this issue. 

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

you are correct, there are other colleges with football programs, but not as good as penn state.

Quoting aMarieT:

Quoting 0Kit0:

Quoting aMarieT:

hmmm, lets see...

Seriously?

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM

lol...okay.

those  coaches, didn't invite their families into his home, to just sit and talk, those coaches didn't remember a students name, after meeting for five minutes, those coaches don't sit and talk to the MOTHERS, no, they sit and talk to the sons, and pressure them to go to ther shool...joe never once did that.

Quoting Cookie-kisses:

I hate football, but know there are plenty of schools better than penn state  ---especially now, but even before this issue. 

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting aMarieT:

Quoting 0Kit0:

Quoting aMarieT:

hmmm, lets see...

Seriously?

aMarieT
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I do, and JoPa is dead, not that it matters he harbored a pedophile for years.

The program should be shut down completely

How can a group of mothers defend a school that didnt report a man who was raping children to the authorities?

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting aMarieT:

Quoting 0Kit0:

Quoting aMarieT:

hmmm, lets see...

Seriously?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)