Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

he seems to think he's entitled to my address? *questions* (PIOG) ETA backstory

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 37 Replies

I asked this in divorce and starting over but its slow there. thought id get more answers here:

Our divorce decree never stated anything about me having to provide my address to my ex husband after the divorce. it did state he is to help with medical costs, but since ds has 100 percent coverage through the state of indiana its not realy needed. he's also entited to knowing how ds is doing in school but nothing about my address that I can find.

my question: is he entitled? we live in two different states. he's in oklahoma, i'm in indiana and the divorce was done through tribal courts in oklahoma.

he claims its contempt but when I ask for his address to mail him somethin about ds he refuses to ever provide it. he's also gotten very threatening in the text messages about this, threatening to drag me back to oklahoma for court every month, wont happen medicly i have to stay in indiana until after march (pregnant, high risk doc wont clear me for travel after this point) plus all he needs is the meeting spot in MO to pick up or drop off ds.

ETA: My ex shoved me in front of my son 2 years ago giving me brain trama that I still have issues with. after that he shut off the water to the house to try and make me do what he wanted and only after CPS threatened to take his rights would he turn it back on. My ex had since then tried to work it out with me after beggin me to drop the restraining order. he continued to threaten and control me, he wouldn't give me any money to support ds unless I did as he said, and when i'd fight him he'd threaten to get me evicted. so a year after that (ds was 2 at this point) I gave up, I did as ex asked while looking for a way to my family in texas, the ex had refused to file the divorce paperwork and I couldn't because legal aid doesn't cover custody cases. when I met my now df and ended up moving to indiana after being with him for about 6 months after that.

it was only after I left to indiana my ex decided to file for divorce, so he did it through tribal court where I would have no voice because i don't carry a CBID, so df's aunt helped me get a child visitation schedual set up we both liked and that was that. no where in it did it say I needed to give him my address, or anything. just a pick up location, information on ds's medical and school, and ex is suposed to pay half of medical and school though he wont.

since moving my ex has continued to harrass and try and control me until its gotten to the point I don't speak to him unless I absolutly have to. then he informed ds on skype the other night that his mother was moving up here. the woman tried to control me as well into going back to her son, saying she wanted to see ds more but would never try, telling me to forget he did anything to me. so I dont want her near my new baby or in my home. she is only moving here so that he can control me again and I wont have it.

i know its confusing.. its a pain in the ass its not fair and its just.. stresses me out sometimes.

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.love.my.life
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless it is court ordered, he does not need to know your address. Well, at least here you don't have to tell him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
all2gethernow
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Both me and ex have to provide addresses due to visitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Legally he doesn't have to know your address if it isn't in your CO.  Why can't he know where his son lives?

fourkidsinnc
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM

ask your attorney but i belive both your addresses are suposed to be confidential,i know mine is but mine was a domestic violence case with supervised visits for the kids

ProudMom9799
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

idk...here is a bump

Mrs.Miller11
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I suppose legally speaking, since it is not stated in the divorce decree, then no he doesnt NEED to know the address of where his son is living. But I really dont understand why you would want to deny him the knowledge.

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM

he knows the town, but my ex is a very violent abusive asshole. we also have issues with last time we gave him the address he would purposfuly send things ds can't have just to make me look like the bad parent when I had to throw things away. I have no issue with him knowing, but his mother is now moving up this way to be close to ds and I refuse to let that woman in my home and she will find her way here and push her way in if she has the address.

plus he sees ds during alternate holidays, and once a month during summer, why not keep the stuff he wants to send so ds can tear it up there and not here. plus he likes to subscribe to magazines to be sent to my address. its just him being a generaly annoying dick honestly

Quoting WifeyC:

Legally he doesn't have to know your address if it isn't in your CO.  Why can't he know where his son lives?

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM

how fing sad this is even a question

stellarmom1
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Idk if he is "entitled" but if you have a child together I feel like he should have the address. Unless there is some serious reason why he can't know where you live?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM

If he won't give his address then I wouldn't give mine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)