Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Naming a new baby! Question?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 47 Replies

Alright, I'm pregnant with my 4th child...We're not going to find out the gender this time around, but I'm thinking of names, of course.  My kids names are Jordan (11), Madelyn (6), and Kaitlyn (4)...the new baby will be Graham if it's a boy and I'm stuck on girl names.  I like Lola...alot, but alot of people, including DH don't, so I'm looking at other options.  My mom said it should end in ~lyn like the other two girls, and she brought up Brooklyn, which I think is cute...Tonight I came across the name Gwendolyn...I kind of like it...

Madelyn and Kaitlyn rhyming and being spelled the same was a fluke, they were just names we liked...their middle names also rhyme, also not on purpose, but they're Rae and Mae.  I just don't know if three girls all with ~lyn is strange...also, I'd probably just stick with the rhyming thing at that point and her middle name will be Faye (it's my grandma's name)..

What do you guys think?  Which names will go with Jordan, Madelyn, and Kaitlyn?

HELP!?!?!??!?! 

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjsaes
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Adalynn :) ( my daughters Name lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjsaes
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Jaylyn, maylyn, kailyn,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaEOH
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Adalynn, Maylyn, and Kailyn are too close to Madelyn and Kaitlyn...I'm just so torn, haha!

aiyess
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Gwendolyn Faye sounds lovely. It reminds me of fairies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I love Gwendolyn, Gwen for short! :) How about Lillian? Still rhymes, Lilly is kinda similar to Lola. Lol Maybe a stretch...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Gwendolyn was my grandmothers name. I like it there lots of choices that end with lyn or N. Cameryn, Madison, Ashlyn, Rayven , Austin, Gracelyn, Brooklynn. The choices at endless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaEOH
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I actually wanted to name my Kaitlyn Lilliana, but he hated it, lol!  Great minds think alike...and men are just, well....men!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I love Gwendolyn, Gwen for short! :) How about Lillian? Still rhymes, Lilly is kinda similar to Lola. Lol Maybe a stretch...

JessicaEOH
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:32 PM

You don't think three ending in lyn is overkill?  I like Gracelyn!

Quoting DACIA79:

Gwendolyn was my grandmothers name. I like it there lots of choices that end with lyn or N. Cameryn, Madison, Ashlyn, , Austin, Gracelyn, Brooklynn. The choices at endless.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM

My girl name was always Vivienne(Layne) I got 3 boys though and never got to use it LOL

Fellie
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I really like Gwendolyn Faye. My daughter's name is Ambrosia Faye :) I also like Aralyn, Ashlyn, Gracelyn, Jocelyn, and Roselyn.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)