Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our first virus!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM
  • 5 Replies

I ama first time mom and my son is almost 18 months. We went to the doctor yesterday because he woke up Sunday morning at about 5 running a fever, coughing, and had a runny nose. I made the appt with his pedi because we've been through this a lot since January. He had bronchitis 3 times from January to March, then in May he got croup... so when he woke up like that I thought we were about to have another battle with all that junk.

However, when we were in her office I told her he had diarrhea once that morning and I happened to see an ulcer in his mouth when we were being checked in and weighed by the nurse. She said that he had a virus that just had to run its course, and she recommended soft foods and no juice as the ulcer may be hurting him.

I went to Wal Mart and stocked up on yogurt, grapes, pudding, and jello. However, my son is SUPER picky and won't touch the pudding, eats a couple grapes and then they turn into "balls." 

All of that to say... do any of you seasoned momma's out there have any advice on soft foods or creative ways to try and get him to eat? I would appreciate any help I could get!

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Homemade popsicles, and wait it out, hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jac77
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM
My kids always loved pediensure shakes. I think that's how to spell it. Been some yrs ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheesdog
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Thanks for your replies! I sincerely appreciate the advice! I forgot that I had bought some Edamame beans when I went grocery shopping. He loves them so I popped the box in the microwave, shelled them, and he ate almost all of them. Since his fever is gone I've also been adding yogurt to his milk. I made smoothis the other day so I will turn those into Popsicles and see if he'll eat them!
alwayskk
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Popsicles, smoothies. See if he can make the smoothies with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)