Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Geeze, people it's just a birthmark, not some kind of hideous deformity!

Posted by   + Show Post

So, my baby girl was born with a little pink birthmark on her forehead. It really wasn't all that noticeable. However, it's been growing, and becoming darker and puffy and now it is very noticeable. I, myself am not that worried about it. I did my research, I know what it is, and I know that it will eventually fade and shrink, and also that as she grows it will move backwards over time into her hairline, anyway. However, dh is VERY bothered by it. He says it's hideous, calls her 'elephant girl' and sometimes threatens, (jokingly) to get his pocket knife and cut 'that thing' off her face. Also, when we went to Target once this little girl says, 'look at that baby!' pointing to dd, and her dad says, 'yeah isn't she pretty?' and the little girl says, 'no, she's bleeding!'. I took her to the dermatologist just to be on the safe side, and, like ten people, med students I guess, came in one at a time, asked to see the baby, poked at her head and then thanked me and left. What is the big deal? She's nothing but beautiful to me. I'm going to try to add a photo if I can, but I'm posting from my phone.

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Replies (141-150):
DBKels
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM
My son was born with a stork bite on the back of his neck. He is 7, and it is completely gone.

All these children, and mamas, are beautiful:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandiNthomas
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:41 AM
She iis beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly_Ann
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Try having a kid with 1 hand hahahahahaha you learn to not be sensitive...we have pretty sick humor in our house...humor is probably your hubbys way of dealing where yours is to beall momma bear.. I say whatever works to cope with the issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I guess I'm the only person here who doesn't think your husband is a bastard. Men are just different women when it comes to certain things. They are much more likely to use humor to cover up their pain. I think your husband thinks your daughter is the most beautiful thing he's ever seen but he's worried and this is his way of expressing it.

I would just explain to him that I understand how he feels but his humor is going to do more bad than good- girls are sensitive and he's going to give her a complex.

bellaamore
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Quoting Nunyabusiness:

People can be so heartless. Honestly, your dh's response is the most saddening. 

This. What your daughter has is the common form of hemangioma. Itll eventually fade, if not completely, significantly.
I have a rare form of hemangioma that is caused by too much estrogen in my body. I am only the seventh to ever have them. I began to get them after puberty. They are in my muscle tissue, blood vessels and joints. They have been removed and come back and double in size and number. I have 26 of them now since my pregnancy.
Your baby is beautiful. And your husbands words are so mean, even if he is only joking. Mine are huge and purple. I feel hideous most days.
friendlymom5
by Lisa on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM
My daughter had one as a baby. It would get bigger when she cried. It faded and now I can't find t. Stay strong. Beautiful child!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrangeDays
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM
She's beautiful with those goregous blue eyes! Who cares what anyone says! Plus, when her hair grows, it will cover it up and it will fade. People will always find something to nit-pick. I say, screw 'em! She's a little cutie :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tracey111005
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM
My sister had the same thing on the back of her head. It went away on its own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiekiwi
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM

its a strawberry (i think its called)  my niece had it below her eye and it got darker but shes 2 now and its almost gone.  its skin color but still a little bump but its almost flat.  

blondieof3kids
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I think she is the most beautiful baby in the world! my dd was born w/a pork whine birth mark too and its so faded you can't even see it, it was in the middle of her forehead she is 24 now and whenever she gets upset it will pop out once in a while - listen to your dr just like i did - i would tell people "my dr isn't worried and you shouldn't be either"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)