Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So now the dark Knight shooter is mentally ill? He almost had a PhD his dumbass(oxymoron) knows right from wrong. Why is it we always scream oh he was mentally ill. No he is just plain evil and needs to be punished. He knew what he was going he planned it and he needs to pay.

I didn't say you can't be brilliant and have a mental illness. I don't think he has a mental illness that prevented him from knowing right from wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Replies (51-56):
katzmeow726
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
....sociopaths ARE mentally ill. Mental illness does not always equate to not knowing right.from wrong. Depression is a mental illness...and those with it know right from wrong. But altered reality can lead people to do horrible things. It certainly doesn't excuse bad behavior....only explains it

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Nope its the principle oh sorry he shot and killed your loved one he was mentally ill. Or sorry he blew a hole in your head he didn't know what he was doing. He knew exactly what he was doing. That's the point he knew and planned these killings. He is a sociopath I don't think he is mentally ill. Trying to explain it down plays his actions. He fully knew what he was doing. He knew it was wrong. Do I know what was going in his head of course not. But he was able to function on every level of his.life yet he is mentally ill when it comes to killing people come on.

Quoting demonica29:

Do you think if he is deemed mentally I'll, they're just gonna let him back out with a pat on his hand and an admonishment to remember to take his meds?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondieof3kids
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I believe anyone who does what he had done is just pure evil!!!!

baquick
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Oh! That's right. I remember now. I knew it was close to him.

Quoting sherry132:

Einstein had dyslexia. Van Gogh  was mentally ill, completely nuts. Einsteins younger son was mentally ill. 

Quoting baquick:

Eintsein was mentally ill wasnt he?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

They don't think he was a sociopath, but some are saying schizophrenia:

http://gma.yahoo.com/james-holmes-bought-rifle-failing-oral-exam-university-074214315--abc-news-topstories.html

Quoting katzmeow726:

....sociopaths ARE mentally ill. Mental illness does not always equate to not knowing right.from wrong. Depression is a mental illness...and those with it know right from wrong. But altered reality can lead people to do horrible things. It certainly doesn't excuse bad behavior....only explains it

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Nope its the principle oh sorry he shot and killed your loved one he was mentally ill. Or sorry he blew a hole in your head he didn't know what he was doing. He knew exactly what he was doing. That's the point he knew and planned these killings. He is a sociopath I don't think he is mentally ill. Trying to explain it down plays his actions. He fully knew what he was doing. He knew it was wrong. Do I know what was going in his head of course not. But he was able to function on every level of his.life yet he is mentally ill when it comes to killing people come on.

Quoting demonica29:

Do you think if he is deemed mentally I'll, they're just gonna let him back out with a pat on his hand and an admonishment to remember to take his meds?

katzmeow726
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM
I was wondering that too...just from what I have read. The package to the psych...I think he wanted to be stopped. Someone was sayinh The booby traps suggest possible paranoia. And he is.the.right age. If there was a predisposition, then the stress of classes and lack of sleep that is synonymous with med school could very well have caused symptoms to present in him.

Quoting rgba:

They don't think he was a sociopath, but some are saying schizophrenia:

http://gma.yahoo.com/james-holmes-bought-rifle-failing-oral-exam-university-074214315--abc-news-topstories.html

Quoting katzmeow726:

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Quoting demonica29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Intelligence has nothing to do with it. If he believed something bizarre it was because of a mental illness..Does he need to be punished? absolutely. Is he mentally ill? most likely

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Nope not what I'm saying however he knows right from wrong. If you can navigate and almost have a PhD knowing you can't shoot inncocent people is a given.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

He has a phd so he can't be mentally ill? That makes perfect sense...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)