Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ok df worked late. Cool. That's over 12 hours. Ok. I get home from picking up ds2 from his dads. Everything is fine. Df comes outside and asks if there was gas. I said a little why? He says he is going to his moms. Ok. What's going on? Well his odd 17 got a knife pulled out on her by her ex bf at the library. Ok wow! Id be freaking out. So this happened a few hours before df got home. So I ask him what is going to do? Not talk to the police, or go see his daughter, he says he is going to hunt the kid down. I snapped. Yes df that sounds great go hunt him down then what you'll end up in jail for attempted murder. Then df gets mad and says fine I wont give a shit about my kids. I was like what? I don't get him sometimes..idk then he wants me to apologize. Was I wrong?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
Aichia
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Some states the parents can press the charges in place of a minor child also just because she didn't doesn't mean the DA won't if the kid is a repeat offender

Quoting mandiNthomas:

I get it... I do but he was seriously going to go find this boy and fuck him up. What kills me is his dd didn't press charges, or even an epo.

Quoting Aichia:

Someone fucked with daddy's girl is all he's thinking

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

No you're not..men sometimes get irrational. My dh has done that before...let me calm down first, then just tell him hunting down the assailant won't solve anything because his family needs him OUT OF JAIL.

Tabitha109
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
That's stupid. The cops should've taken him in if they had witnesses.

Quoting mandiNthomas:

The police were called to the library and then the boys dad was called and he took him home.

Quoting Tabitha109:

Did you suggest that he call the police?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandiNthomas
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM
The most messed up part os she was watching her 7 yr old cousin. He saw it all!

Quoting Tabitha109:

Quoting mandiNthomas:

The police were called to the library and then the boys dad was called and he took him home.

Quoting Tabitha109:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tabitha109
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM
That's a good idea. Couldn't he just ask the state to press charges for her? You want simething done so she doesn't go back to him when she's 18 and it's to late to intervene.

Quoting Aichia:

Some states the parents can press the charges in place of a minor child also just because she didn't doesn't mean the DA won't if the kid is a repeat offender

Quoting mandiNthomas:

I get it... I do but he was seriously going to go find this boy and fuck him up. What kills me is his dd didn't press charges, or even an epo.

Quoting Aichia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Quoting cklamour:

No, you were not wrong. He's just upset about what happened, which is understandable. However, he should not be trying to "hunt" anyone unless he really wants to do 10-15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StevensCare4u
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM

No you werent wrong. He has a family to protect. IF he was there with his daughter & he was protecting her thats one thing. But all he will do is get put in jail & not be able to protect her if she needs it. He needs to grow up & realize you cant just "beat somone up" everytime something happens.

LuvmyBabiesx101
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You weren't in the wrong but he is not thinking in his right mind right now because all he is thinking about is someone hurt his daughter and he wants to hurt the person that did it. You just need to be there for him and try to keep him calm and explain to him that it will do the kids no good if he ends up in jail.  

mandiNthomas
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Df can't do anything. It would fall into the hands of dfs mom she adopted his kids. And she has been oblivious to the world since her husband passed away. Its a sad story. I told df to make the kids live with us because its one thing after another but he wont cus they don't want to.

Quoting Tabitha109:

That's a good idea. Couldn't he just ask the state to press charges for her? You want simething done so she doesn't go back to him when she's 18 and it's to late to intervene.

Quoting Aichia:

Quoting mandiNthomas:

Quoting Aichia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tabitha109
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
http://www.lanecounty.org/Departments/DA/KidsFirst/Pages/domesticviolencewitness.aspx

There's always this. If you're Ina different state they probably have some version of it. The childs parents must be angry to.

Quoting mandiNthomas:

The most messed up part os she was watching her 7 yr old cousin. He saw it all!

Quoting Tabitha109:

Quoting mandiNthomas:

Quoting Tabitha109:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)