Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im so screwed and don't know what to do...no food and 3 kids*UPDATE IN MY POST IN CAPS*

Posted by   + Show Post
so my other half left a few hours ago, he lost his job and doesn't want us around him anymore :( , i have 1.17 to my name right now, i got my electric disconnect notice today and they will be here on the 30th shut it off, i haven't gotten approved for fs yet it's in the works, i hve been to the church for food last week but i have to wait another week to go back, and theyonly gave me food to last 3 days, i have no vehichle and i live in the country, i can't get any friends to bring me food because i live too far out nd they would need gas money, i have a box of mac and cheese and a lb of hamburger meat i plan on making for dinner, my a/c is broken so it's really hot, im at a total loss because he has been telling me he doesn't want us to be around anymore for about a week now, he said life would be easier if we were gone an top of that i'm 13 weks pregnant, they are all his kids. I have no support system and im scared. I have already pawnd my labtop which i will loose in a few days but my kids are more important...I JUST WANTED TO SAY TY FOR ALL THE WORDS OF WISDOME, AND HELP, A LOT OF THE LADIES HAVE HELPED AND IT I AM GREATLY GREATLY THANKFUL, I HAVE CALLED ALL THE PLACES JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR MONDAY NOW. I DON'T WANT TOACCEPT ANYMORE HELP THOUGH BECAUSE SOMEBODY ELSE MAY NEED SOME OF YOU AWESOME LADIES IN THE FUTURE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE MY NUMBER PM ME AND I CAN GIVE THAT TO YOU FOR EVERYBODY TOCHECK UP IF YOU WOULD LIKE, I DON'T WANT TO ANNOUNCE WHAT ALL WAS GIVEN JUST BECAUSE ITS PRIVATE AND IF THE LADIES WANT TO TELL YOU THATS FINE, I DID HOWEVER GETMY PHONE PAID FOR 5 DAYS AND ANOTHER HAS AGREED TO PAY ANOTHER 5 FOR ME. TY LADIES FOR EVERYTHING GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Replies (111-120):
JvilleMom125
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM
18 moms liked this
I'm in jacksonville. Pm me. I am close so I will bring you some stuff. Or u can come stay with me until you get enough money to get your power back on.

Quoting courtneycra:

outisde of ocala florida

Quoting krisandjakesmom:

Where do you live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kaya529:

So what you are saying is if I am in that situation my children and I should be more worried about the law and just deal with starving? I would just do it illegally if that is what I needed to do.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Kaya529:

Time to figure out how to hunt, fish, and forage.

For fishing all you need is a tree branch, string, hook, and worm.

There are plenty of websites that will show you what you can get in your area.

Hunting is a little harder. Do you have a gun? You can also look up how to make traps for small game. You can also learn how to gut it on the web.

Hunting with no license? In the summer? What is legal to shoot this time of year?

I checked. She needs to take a hunter safety course. pay out $48 for a license (for fishing AND hunting) THEN she would need to live in the far Southern part of Florida-AND then she can hunt ONLY using a bow and arrow or a cross bow. Do you think she has one of those lying around? Each deer would cost her another $5 and she would need to know how to bucher it.

Because you can't just go out in the woods and freaking SHOOT things-you need to be licensed! And shoot only what is in season!

Then you are a fool. You go to JAIL for hunting off season. And the gunfire would be the give away.

Why doesn't she just steal food or burglarize her neighbors since that would be a sure thing, and not require her to go hunting. See problem solved.

Breaking the law by stealing and breaking the law by hunting out of season with no license are the same things!

Shadow_Walker

Quoting Shadow_Walker:

who do you use as a cell phone company? Without a car you need a phone to call for help (wic, fs office, churches,etc. And hospital if something happens. Scary to think about.. But something you need to) is it prepaid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy_517
by Invisible on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I wish I lived closer so I could help with either some food or a ride. I hope some of these suggestions from everyone else can help you. I also agree with previous posters who have said to call TODAY, don't wait until Monday. Good luck!

Dimples04
I work in a Domestic Violence shelter and if you or someone you know is being abused you need to get help.  ALSO REMEMBER THAT YOUR COMPUTER CAN TELL YOUR ABUSER YOUR PLANS, PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DELETE ALL INFORMATION THAT YOU LOOK UP IN REFERENCE TO LEAVING OR GETTING HELP.  Violence doesn't know any discrimination.  If you or someone you know needs help PLEASE call the National domestic violence hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) whoever answers the line can direct you to a local shelter or answer any questions you may have.  Any Shelter is there to help women and child (and some also help male victims) get the counseling and any other help that they need to get through the difficult time.  Abuse can be Emotional abuse (name calling, putting someone down, or controlling who/what they see or do), Physical Abuse (hitting, kicking, biting, anything that causes physical pain), Sexual abuse (can also be from a spouse or otherwise intimate partner when it is a unwanted occurance.)  Leaving your partner is the most dangerous time, wait until he/she is gone and then pack whatever you will need and just leave.   Good Luck and Don't forget that help is never more than a phone call away 24 / 7 / 365.

* To delete your history:  go to control panel, internet options, delete cookies, delete files, delete history.  EVERYTIME!!  
What is Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence can be defined as a pattern of behavior in any relationship that is used to gain or maintain power and control over an intimate partner. Abuse is physical, sexual, emotional, economic or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person.
You may be in an emotionally abusive relationship if your partner:

·Calls you names, insults you or continually criticizes you.
·Does not trust you and acts jealous or possessive.
·Tries to isolate you from family or friends.
·Monitors where you go, who you call and who you spend time with.
·Does not want you to work.
·Controls finances or refuses to share money.
·Punishes you by withholding affection.
·Expects you to ask permission.
·Threatens to hurt you, the children, your family or your pets.
·Humiliates you in any way.

You may be in a physically abusive relationship if your partner has ever:
·Damaged property when angry (thrown objects, punched walls, kicked doors, etc.).
·Pushed, slapped, bitten, kicked or Strangled you.
·Abandoned you in a dangerous or unfamiliar place.
·Scared you by driving recklessly.
·Used a weapon to threaten or hurt you.
·Forced you to leave your home.
·Trapped you in your home or kept you from leaving.
·Prevented you from calling police or seeking medical attention.
·Hurt your children.
·Used physical force in sexual situations.

You may be in a sexually abusive relationship if your partner:
·Views women as objects and believes in rigid gender roles.
·Accuses you of cheating or is often jealous of your outside relationships.
·Wants you to dress in a sexual way.
·Insults you in sexual ways or calls you sexual names.
·Has ever forced or manipulated you into to having sex or performing sexual acts.
·Held you down during sex.
·Demanded sex when you were sick, tired or after beating you.
·Hurt you with weapons or objects during sex.
·Involved other people in sexual activities with you.
·Ignored your feelings regarding sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Call every one of those numbers now. Don't wait until tomorrow! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Quoting MicheleJM:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Kaya529:

Time to figure out how to hunt, fish, and forage.

For fishing all you need is a tree branch, string, hook, and worm.

There are plenty of websites that will show you what you can get in your area.

Hunting is a little harder. Do you have a gun? You can also look up how to make traps for small game. You can also learn how to gut it on the web.

Hunting with no license? In the summer? What is legal to shoot this time of year?

I checked. She needs to take a hunter safety course. pay out $48 for a license (for fishing AND hunting) THEN she would need to live in the far Southern part of Florida-AND then she can hunt ONLY using a bow and arrow or a cross bow. Do you think she has one of those lying around? Each deer would cost her another $5 and she would need to know how to bucher it.

Because you can't just go out in the woods and freaking SHOOT things-you need to be licensed! And shoot only what is in season!

Yeah she is near the Ocala National Forest probably.  IDK the national parks regulations on hunting there but part of the problem is, at least according to my dad that parts of it are not that safe. You've got God knows what kind of anti-social redneck squatting in there. 

I find it funny that hunting off season with no license is acceptable-why not just shoplift. It's the same damned thing, and a good deal easier to do.

andersongirl562
Is there a marsh in your area? If so pm me your address and I will see if they will deliver and I will order you some food. Some marshes deliver and have online ordering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmomnarmywife
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM
When she filed her dh was still in the home ... Des likes to not approve you instantly with 2 people living in the home .they screw off forever . Me and dh where in this situation about a year ago and they refused to help immediately , they made us wait 2 weeks . We where approved for 508$ for us 3 and only received 100$ we where told the computer and case worker lied . The des system sucks!! They should approve her for emergency food stamps immediately , but they may not believe her that he is gone or that things are as bad as they are . They might take their sweet time :( however w.i.c or one of these food banks should be able to help immediately while she waits .

Quoting KblazeMomOf2:

This... And ive never heard of anyone who qualifys leaving the office without their card and an amount.

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

You need to call back and speak to a manager and tell them you need emergency food stamps NOW while they process your case . Explain you do not have any food , he left and you have to feed your kids . Tell them if they do not believe you to send a worker out there to look . They HAVE to give you immediate temporary food stamps while processing your case if your this bad off . If they refuse call the state office

Quoting courtneycra:

yes im waiting to be approved i called my case worker tody and she sys it's still in the approval status

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

you file for emgerancy FS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shadow_Walker
1 mom liked this
Idk you.. But you're awesome. That's a really kind thing you offered op

Quoting JvilleMom125:

I'm in jacksonville. Pm me. I am close so I will bring you some stuff. Or u can come stay with me until you get enough money to get your power back on.

Quoting courtneycra:

outisde of ocala florida

Quoting krisandjakesmom:

Where do you live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)