Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

but it's all about the money and football.

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 50 Replies
3 moms liked this

Catherine McBride Stoughton wrote:

OK, for those of you who continue to insult us and make ridiculous statements, here's some food for thought...Sorry, there isn't a Cliffs Notes version, so yes, you actually have to read...If you don't read ALL of it, don't even respond...

(1)Joe Paterno had the best graduation rate and highest team GPA in Division I football (this is includes Ivy League) in 2011 AND his career graduation rate is 15% above the entire Division I average...but it's all about money and football

(2)Joe Paterno removed star players from his teams such as Austin Scott and others for missing curfews, fights, and other issues...but it's all about money and football

(3)Joe Paterno donated over $4 million dollars to the university (not the athletic department) for educational purposes, and $100,000 AFTER he was fired (even though, as you will see later, he wasn't making millions like other coaches)...but it's all about money and football

(4)Joe Paterno donated so much money to academics, and helped raise $13.5 million for a campus library expansion, which is named after him (no other campus has a coach's name on a library)...but it's all about money and football

(5)Joe Paterno turned down numerous lucrative NFL offers to stay at PSU...but it's all about money and football

(6)Penn State students run the largest student-run charity organization in the world, THON, which donates money for children with cancer, and raised $10 million in 2012...but it's all about money and football

(7)The game after Joe was fired, instead of a giant protest, everyone wore blue to raise awareness for child abuse...but it's all about money and football

(8)Joe Paterno's salary as late as 2007 (57 years at the same institution, 2 national championships, numerous conference titles) $512,664...perspective: 1st year head coach Will Muschamp $2.5 million...but it's all about money and football

(9)Adam Taliaferro was paralyzed his freshman year during a PSU football game and barely learned to walk again...Joe Paterno honored his scholarship until he graduated even though he was unable to play football and it cost PSU an important scholarship that could have been used to recruit another athlete...but it's all about money and football

(10)Joe Paterno went 5 straight years with losing records recently (a job killer) and he wasn't fired for losing...but it's all about money and football

(11)Joe Paterno designed simple, inexpensive uniforms that were plain, not gaudy and flashy like other schools, and no names were put on the back in order to teach self-sacrifice and team...but it's all about money and football

(12)Joe Paterno reported what he was told to his athletic director AND the university vice president in charge of campus police that oversaw all campus investigations and was in no way connected to the athletic department...but it's all about money and football

(13)Joe Paterno had donated so much money and time to charity and children's causes that Nike named it's child care facility after him...but it's all about money and football

(14)Joe Paterno didn't say "I did what I supposed to, I did nothing wrong.". He said "WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT (commonly ignored part of his statement), I wish I would have done more.". He didn't lawyer up and run. He even scheduled a press conference to talk about it, but the board of trustees canceled it...He expressed genuine sorrow over the situation...but it is all about money and football...

Those who state that Joe Paterno's primary motivations were money and football, and state that we are blindly worshipping a superficial football god, ought to do a little research on Joe Paterno. Is this someone you think would intentionally protect a pedophile for monetary and athletic purposes? Educate yourselves, and realize why so many support and respect Joe Paterno. We are not blinded by wins, trophies, and championships. We simply understand there is nothing about this man that the indicates a hint of dishonesty or flawed moral character. On the contrary, he has demonstrated nothing but integrity and strong character his entire life. Is he perfect? No, he is human.

Evidence of wrongdoing does not exist, and the media's (and Freeh's) slanted assumptions are unfounded and suspect at best. Louis Freeh has a tarnished career, currently under investigation, that exhibits his poor leadership in one disastrous incident after another. His reputation as a cover-up artist is well documented, and he has bungled countless investigations. He is also accused of falsifying evidence at the FBI. So, this is the honorable, impartial investigator on whose every word we should hang? I think not.

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
valkay
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Another thing why is he the one being punished the worse. He has had more negative things done and said about him than the molester. Nothing is ever said about the ones he reported it to that did nothing.
Cookie-kisses
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:48 PM
4 moms liked this

Let a grown man fuck your kid and have many (joe included) cover it up and then  tell me how many great things he did.  I don't think X number of positives can cancel out 1 bad slip.  

The bottom line  he knew in 1999 and did nothing but help cateer to JS  by giving him free grooming tools - until it all came down to the end.

p.s.  to make it worse it wasn't days or months later --he sat on that for years.  I reply rude in a post sometimes and feel guilty and usually make it right.  I can't imagine having that guilt eat away and still not act on it.   

A person is not judged by some of what they do--they are judged by their character and everything they do or not do (in this case).

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Thank you! Joe wasn't perfect but his legacy will live on by the millions he helped. That can't be taken away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM

please show me where he knew anything backin 1998....if you want to talk shit, please get your dates right.

secondly, he did NOT know in 1998....

and again, read up sweetie, stop listening to the damn media...no proof what so ever that he was involved in any type of cover up what so ever....he was found innocent by the grand jury.

Quoting Cookie-kisses:

Let a grown man fuck your kid and have many (joe included) cover it up and then  tell me how many great things he did.  I don't think X number of positives can cancel out 1 bad slip.  

The bottom line  he knew in 1999 and did nothing but help cateer to JS  by giving him free grooming tools - until it all came down to the end.

p.s.  to make it worse it wasn't days or months later --he sat on that for years.  I reply rude in a post sometimes and feel guilty and usually make it right.  I can't imagine having that guilt eat away and still not act on it.   

A person is not judged by some of what they do--they are judged by their character and everything they do or not do (in this case).

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Thank you! Joe wasn't perfect but his legacy will live on by the millions he helped. That can't be taken away.

i just watched the grand experiment on friday.....some people should watch it.

and like one of the men said, now i can't woute word for word, and i can't remember the guys name.

"i'm done caring what the critics say, there will always be joe and penn state haters, let them hate. but we are still penn state, we are love, we are legancy, and we are joe paterno."

i will not stop supporting him....and when i go up in oct, i will be buying some shirts that support him.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:19 PM
DH still wears his PSU shrt and always will. My 12 yo feels the same way.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

and like one of the men said, now i can't woute word for word, and i can't remember the guys name.

"i'm done caring what the critics say, there will always be joe and penn state haters, let them hate. but we are still penn state, we are love, we are legancy, and we are joe paterno."

i will not stop supporting him....and when i go up in oct, i will be buying some shirts that support him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cookie-kisses
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO  I already showed you the emails in the same report you claimed you read the whole 40 pages when is was well over 150 pages.

So I suggest taking your advice and "read up sweetie".  You can google the report or your last post you talked about this I posted the emails in there and even hi lited them for you!   Also I said 1999.

After you read the whole report, we can talk about innocent Joe.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

please show me where he knew anything backin 1998....if you want to talk shit, please get your dates right.

and again, read up sweetie, stop listening to the damn media...no proof what so ever that he was involved in any type of cover up what so ever....he was found innocent by the grand jury.

Quoting Cookie-kisses:

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:30 PM

it wasn't 1999 IT WAS 1998 when this came out god damn.

and those emails PROVE NOTHING. god damn....you are one of those damn nazis who have to listen to everything the damn media says.

if those emails proved something, he would've been found guilty in the grand jury, and he wasn't.

Quoting Cookie-kisses:

LMAO  I already showed you the emails in the same report you claimed you read the whole 40 pages when is was well over 150 pages.

So I suggest taking your advice and "read up sweetie".  You can google the report or your last post you talked about this I posted the emails in there and even hi lited them for you!   Also I said 1999.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting Cookie-kisses:

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM

we still wear our psu shirts all the time, i ran into an older woman the other day at the store, and said she was scared to wear her psu shirt because she was scared she might get stoned.

my 4 year old told me this afternoond, she just wanted to be a penn state fan when she grows up.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

DH still wears his PSU shrt and always will. My 12 yo feels the same way.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Cookie-kisses
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I said  he knew by 1999--do you read what people reply or are you too busy getting ready to defend someone?

The media is irrelevant- idk why you keep referring to it.   I have never mentioned it.

Why would everyone involved (alive) be awaiting trial--the report was finished after he died.  

??????????

Oh and god damn 

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

it wasn't 1999 IT WAS 1998 when this came out god damn.

and those emails PROVE NOTHING. god damn....you are one of those damn nazis who have to listen to everything the damn media says.

if those emails proved something, he would've been found guilty in the grand jury, and he wasn't.

Quoting Cookie-kisses:

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting Cookie-kisses:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN