Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so i was watching the news.

and fisher price has these new things for ipads and iphones, where you put the device inside of the holder, and the baby/child can't drop it or if it does drop it doesn't break the device, and also have new stickers that go over the home key.

first off, why would a baby be playing on an ipad or an iphone in order to make these?

the stickers i agree with, but the case holders, seriously?

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Replies (131-134):
icantshowmyface
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:37 AM
iPads are highly effective in training methods with autism
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:38 AM
I agree with you! Love the comment she made about 'children don't need things that expensive.' If I could afford it right now my kids would have them, too! Why is it different than expensive toys...which all are these days.

Quoting Ollie123:

iPads and I pods are excellent learning tools. This day and age it is essential for kids to learn how to work them. Heck iPads a re being used in schools. Both of of my daughters have learned to drive a computer at a young age. My oldest DD got a iPod two years ago. And my youngest has access to one. I have a iPad with games on it for my youngest and she loves it. If people are willing to buys these devices for kids then what's it to you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:39 AM
My two year old knows how to unlock my iPhone and is constantly sending random text messages and dialing people. And doing google searches. On my grandmas iPad he has figured out the iPod lol. He's been doing that for months. Df has a piano keyboard app on his kindle that ds loves. I have a couple of educational games that ds can't really use yet bc he's too young, but should soon.

It's mostly entertainment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:42 AM

On my ipod I had a game called peek-a-boo barn. My son and I would play it together every night. It had this little barn that would "knock" and then play an animal sound. We would guess what it was. At the end it would say goodnight. I found it one night when my son was screaming his head off and nothing was making him happy. He learned the different noises barn animals make because of that. He still had a bedtime story and night prayers. Sorry just thought it was interesting. We did it together. 

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

problem is.....children that young do not need something that expensive.

and ye,s, they have interactive games  for the children, but that is what board games and flash cards are for.......

what ever happened to TEACHING your children

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN