Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

O-U-C-H!!! (possible TMI)

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have a wart, on my left pointer finger. I've NEVER, EVER had a wart before....but DH has gotten them all his life, and both of my boys have had one removed.

It's a big, noticable, hideous thing. I've been doing all kinds of different OTC stuff to get rid of it, but it's not going anywhere....guess it's off to the Dr. *sigh*

BUUUT, I've been putting liquid wart remover on it, and now it feels rough. This morning, as I was fixing my hair, it got caught in my hair and started to rip off. So now it's ugly, sore, loose, and bloody looking :( 

I have an appt. Wednesday, but I don't know how much longer I can put up with this stinking thing if it's going to start getting caught in my hair.

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM

file it down. put a bandaid on it. If its not bleeding put a piece of duct tape on it and it will go away.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I have filed it down before, it came back bigger and uglier...plus it HURT!! LOL

I have a bandaid on it right now, but it's bleeding. I've tried duct tape, but it's possible I didn't leave it on there long enough. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

file it down. put a bandaid on it. If its not bleeding put a piece of duct tape on it and it will go away.

Fmama2
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM
I had a couple growing up and nothing We did got rid of them home remedies,Otc,or even the dermatologist until one day my brothers friend mentioned he could ' magically ' take them away. It sounds absolutely crazy but he did it,Idk what he used,nothing touched me but he held it,and said some silent words and I had to put whatever he held in a hiding soot. Within a month they were gone:)
It had something to do with him brig the seventh son or something like that.
My dd has 4 now and the Dr says they'll go away but she doesn't like them at all bc ppl comment on them.
I'm waiting for ky brother to get In touch with his friend so we can meet up and he can do whatever he magiclly done to get rid of Dds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I have filed it down before, it came back bigger and uglier...plus it HURT!! LOL

I have a bandaid on it right now, but it's bleeding. I've tried duct tape, but it's possible I didn't leave it on there long enough. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

the fact it grows bigger is normal.It looks like cauliflower right? you put on the stuff leave it then file it then repeat.Its all normal except maybe you are filing it down to far.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN