Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so sick of the world handing everything to people that want to sit on there butts------added too

Posted by   + Show Post

yes you read it right,  i am so sick of hearing you make to much,  i am a stay home mom cause my husbands job allows, but a family can go get a job making 7 bucks an hour, and guess what, they can have free cash from the state, free food from the state, free pre-k from the state, if a child has a dissibility you can then get ssi, hat the crap, go get another job, yes my husband had 2 jobs to support us at on time. but why would someone who lives on the state want to work when, why work when the gov will pay for everything you need, my daughter was turned from ssi cause we make to much, my 4 yr old was was put at the end of a list for pre-k cause we make to much, and i concider her being denied cause she is at the END of the waiting list.

and yet we dont make that much, we make 55K a year.

I dont belive food stamps and all should be cut out, but i belive they should be made temp, 6 mos and in 6 mos you should find your own way to make things for your own family!!!!

once again i dont see pre-k as PA, so is public school PA too cause it is free,

I never said head start was all we have, our PUBLIC school has 2 pre-k classes, this is what i was told we made to much for, so then I asked about head start, there is 20 kids for head start but it is for low income, THEY told be to come in and sing her up to see if she could get in, there is NO privte school here, and yes i could go one or two citys over, but then how can i get my oldest here to school and her an hour away?

I am now enrolling her somewhere else, they have to test her, and if she has a learning dissibility on top of speech she can get in and they do transport them!!! inc pays for it, guess that is a hand out to?

I also didnt say no one should get food stamps. I know people that is been on them for almost 10 yrs, this is living off them.

hell I got them in dec of last year, as my father in laws house burned down and they came 3 hours to stay with us,  him and 4 kids, with no job or money, we were having to feed 10 people cloth them and everything else.

i know there are times people NEED help, there is nothing wrong with that, and i am sorry if I affended anyone, yes I was up set that since we turned in paperwork I was told my child was getting into pre-k, just to be told they were going off lowest income first.

my child medically needs it!!!

also the lady in charge called to say she could re evauate my daughter and do speech with her at the school, then told me about the other school an hour away and they transport them, we dont know if she is in there either yet

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (241-250):
Liyoness
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Why would anyone receiving PA want to work?
Because the government only provides basics. If you want more out of life, then you will work for more.
I, For one, enjoy more than the basics. I couldn't live happily on what little PA can afford a family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Quoting Rashonda85:

She wants her kid to take a disadvantaged child"s place ! Headstart is the best thing for these low income families. The kid gets a place to learn and two meals ...a lot of parents don't even have money to feed their kids breakfast and lunch so it takes a load off financially. My aunt makes 40 k a year and she lives in expensive ass NJ with her husband and two kids and she lives very nicely so the OP really need to shut the fuck up. She"s seriously pissing me off!

why are you taking this so personally. You have done nothing but bitch at her for complaining. I get tired of things being handed to people too. If they qualify for head start than they should qualify for food stamps which means they shouldn't be relying on the school to feed their kids.
jewelsmama528
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:28 AM
3 moms liked this
From what I saw "Ms. I want my kid to take the place of another kid who's parents cannot afford prek when I can CLEARLY afford to PAY for my child's education", u only told her of the options u have in your town!! No where did u tell her what city and state u live in, so she could help u find one that you can pay for, as she offered!!!! I find it hard to believe that u are the ONLY one in your town that does not quality for headstart and has to pay for prek!! U talk down to people that need assistance when you are CLEARLY trying to get it yourself!!!! And then to talk down about families that need to receive SSI, whether it be bc they have a disabled child, or in my case, has a child who's father (or has a mother) passed away is the most bull headed thing I think I've ever heard ANYONE say on CM!!! I would give back all the money I receive in SSI to bring back my husband, my daughters father!! And I am sure any parent that receives it bc they have a child with a disability would give back all of THEIR SSI money to have a healthy child!!! So listen here BITCH.....live your 55k/year family income, with your husband and healthy children and back the fuck off about people receiving PA or SSI!! You don't know ANYBODY'S situation or know their reasons for needing it....but I promise u, their stories are pretty shitty and they would give anything to be your shoes!! So appreciate what the fuck you have and shut the hell up!!!!!

Quoting blondie7221:

mrs know it all, i sent the mom a message and told her where i live. there is pre-k at our public school, 2 classes=40 kids, and then head start that has 20 kids i belive, that is it. there is no privte schoo in my city, i cant take her to a diff city cause my oldest is in 1st grade.

Quoting jewelsmama528:

She's been trying to say that this headstart program is the ONLY way for a child to go to preschool....so that its her ONLY option!! BS!!! I don't believe that for a second!! She wants to get a free ride with schooling....even tho her family makes plenty of money for them to PAY for prek!! She is bitter bc she cannot get assistance!! I have read every comment on this post and one person asked her where she lived and that SHE HERSELF would get online and find her a place, IN HER ARES, where she could PAY and allow her give her dd the education that her child is so desiring!! Funny how OP has not posted ANYTHING since this person offered to help her find prek in her area!!!! She knows that she is over exaggerating when she says there is no other place to send her child in her ares then this state funded program!! And for her to bad mouth other people for getting PA when she herself is wanting it making the money her DH makes is DISGUSTING IMO!!!! I have been reading these comments for hours and could go on about OP for just as long....but I think I have made my point that she is a POS!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jewelsmama528
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM
Also, if u knew space was limited on the classes they do offer outside of headstart, which u should've known u wouldn't quality for with your husband making 55k, then u should've gotten off your SAHM ASS and not have waited until the last minute to register your child!!

Quoting jewelsmama528:

From what I saw "Ms. I want my kid to take the place of another kid who's parents cannot afford prek when I can CLEARLY afford to PAY for my child's education", u only told her of the options u have in your town!! No where did u tell her what city and state u live in, so she could help u find one that you can pay for, as she offered!!!! I find it hard to believe that u are the ONLY one in your town that does not quality for headstart and has to pay for prek!! U talk down to people that need assistance when you are CLEARLY trying to get it yourself!!!! And then to talk down about families that need to receive SSI, whether it be bc they have a disabled child, or in my case, has a child who's father (or has a mother) passed away is the most bull headed thing I think I've ever heard ANYONE say on CM!!! I would give back all the money I receive in SSI to bring back my husband, my daughters father!! And I am sure any parent that receives it bc they have a child with a disability would give back all of THEIR SSI money to have a healthy child!!! So listen here BITCH.....live your 55k/year family income, with your husband and healthy children and back the fuck off about people receiving PA or SSI!! You don't know ANYBODY'S situation or know their reasons for needing it....but I promise u, their stories are pretty shitty and they would give anything to be your shoes!! So appreciate what the fuck you have and shut the hell up!!!!!

Quoting blondie7221:

mrs know it all, i sent the mom a message and told her where i live. there is pre-k at our public school, 2 classes=40 kids, and then head start that has 20 kids i belive, that is it. there is no privte schoo in my city, i cant take her to a diff city cause my oldest is in 1st grade.

Quoting jewelsmama528:

She's been trying to say that this headstart program is the ONLY way for a child to go to preschool....so that its her ONLY option!! BS!!! I don't believe that for a second!! She wants to get a free ride with schooling....even tho her family makes plenty of money for them to PAY for prek!! She is bitter bc she cannot get assistance!! I have read every comment on this post and one person asked her where she lived and that SHE HERSELF would get online and find her a place, IN HER ARES, where she could PAY and allow her give her dd the education that her child is so desiring!! Funny how OP has not posted ANYTHING since this person offered to help her find prek in her area!!!! She knows that she is over exaggerating when she says there is no other place to send her child in her ares then this state funded program!! And for her to bad mouth other people for getting PA when she herself is wanting it making the money her DH makes is DISGUSTING IMO!!!! I have been reading these comments for hours and could go on about OP for just as long....but I think I have made my point that she is a POS!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybrooks07
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM
I can understand that you're frustrated. But you shouldn't put everyone that's on PA on bash like that. Some people really need the help. There are some people who abuse it, but that's with anything. And if you were able to get help from them, you would've taken it, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie7221
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM

like I said I see a big differance, I dont see public pre-k as PA, just as I dont see public schools as PA just cause they are free.

for the bitch that keeps going on, you dont know me either, I explained that i dont see a thing wrong with PA going where it is needed,

I know a hand full of people that need it, and I know a hand full on it living off it, I go  girls with 3 kids all diff dads, and doent work living home with here dad, she has told me she is on all kinds of PA CAUSE SHE DONT WANT TO WORK, this is the stuff i am talking about. but yet she drinks 12 plus Dr peppers aday, my sister is been on food stamps for years, just got caught for lying, and still was able toget them again,  she is a peice even if she is my sister i have nothing to do with her.

I have a daughter that is pretty delayed and major speech prob, I have one with ADHD very bad, then I have a 2 yr old with no problem other then fussy all the time and had to get tubes at 18 months, I still belive my babies are healthy and normally,   HOWEVER, there is something really wrong with the baby I am pregant with, the dr says I will prob lose it, but I pray to God I dont.

Quoting babybrooks07:

I can understand that you're frustrated. But you shouldn't put everyone that's on PA on bash like that. Some people really need the help. There are some people who abuse it, but that's with anything. And if you were able to get help from them, you would've taken it, right?

bluesky51201
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM
My child was denied speech services because we didn't have Medicaid, SD have actual insurance. He needed it but they children on Medicaid need services more. I was stunned.

Quoting blondie7221:

let your baby get turned away from something she wants so bad and also needing over your income and i bet you will bitch too

Quoting sstripedmonkey:

I'm so sick of people bitching about PA, I think it's time to quit cm for a while.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HappyMommie1012
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

No I meant because they  have two people in the home getting 600 in SSI if they put it together to pay bills instead of buying needless things (drugs, alcohol, ect) and completely neglecting their responsibilities. Not just one person getting 1200. lol

HappyMommie1012
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Sorry meant to reply to an earlyer comment made by someone else to my thing. /:

HappyMommie1012
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Yeah, they are that was my point lol.

Quoting notuseless:

my mom makes $1200 for her ssi and my disabled sisters ssi they don't get food stamps, its hard to live on 14000 a year, it sounds like the people you are talking about are cheating the system, a family of 5 is only allowed $500 in food stamps and they deduct if you are on disability.

Quoting HappyMommie1012:

I agree, I think if you're willing to help your self then it's fine to receive help from others when needed. but there are those out there who live off the goverment paying for them and not doing anything but blowing the money. I know some people (who I can't stand) blowing all of their money on drugs and alcohol instead of their bills. They lost 2 children then want to live off my mother who's to nice to turn ANYONE down even when they suck her dry alllllllll the time! It's horriable then want to complain about how they never have any money, yet they get a combined 1200$ in food stamps and 1200$ in SSI every month (most of this being what these people I know do, others probably do different.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN