Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so sick of the world handing everything to people that want to sit on there butts------added too

Posted by   + Show Post

yes you read it right,  i am so sick of hearing you make to much,  i am a stay home mom cause my husbands job allows, but a family can go get a job making 7 bucks an hour, and guess what, they can have free cash from the state, free food from the state, free pre-k from the state, if a child has a dissibility you can then get ssi, hat the crap, go get another job, yes my husband had 2 jobs to support us at on time. but why would someone who lives on the state want to work when, why work when the gov will pay for everything you need, my daughter was turned from ssi cause we make to much, my 4 yr old was was put at the end of a list for pre-k cause we make to much, and i concider her being denied cause she is at the END of the waiting list.

and yet we dont make that much, we make 55K a year.

I dont belive food stamps and all should be cut out, but i belive they should be made temp, 6 mos and in 6 mos you should find your own way to make things for your own family!!!!

once again i dont see pre-k as PA, so is public school PA too cause it is free,

I never said head start was all we have, our PUBLIC school has 2 pre-k classes, this is what i was told we made to much for, so then I asked about head start, there is 20 kids for head start but it is for low income, THEY told be to come in and sing her up to see if she could get in, there is NO privte school here, and yes i could go one or two citys over, but then how can i get my oldest here to school and her an hour away?

I am now enrolling her somewhere else, they have to test her, and if she has a learning dissibility on top of speech she can get in and they do transport them!!! inc pays for it, guess that is a hand out to?

I also didnt say no one should get food stamps. I know people that is been on them for almost 10 yrs, this is living off them.

hell I got them in dec of last year, as my father in laws house burned down and they came 3 hours to stay with us,  him and 4 kids, with no job or money, we were having to feed 10 people cloth them and everything else.

i know there are times people NEED help, there is nothing wrong with that, and i am sorry if I affended anyone, yes I was up set that since we turned in paperwork I was told my child was getting into pre-k, just to be told they were going off lowest income first.

my child medically needs it!!!

also the lady in charge called to say she could re evauate my daughter and do speech with her at the school, then told me about the other school an hour away and they transport them, we dont know if she is in there either yet

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (221-230):
epoh
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:15 AM
If you can't beat em, join em!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM
In my state you'd fall flat on your face with that kind of income. You'd be at the churches begging for help and there's no way you could afford childcare and rent.

OP can certainly go to work to pay for her child's preschool but not everyone will thrive on an income of 15k.

Quoting Mom2Ayden0406:

When my child was in preschool I was making  $15,000 a year but was still able to pay for a private preschool for my child. At that time I did not receive anything free. I paid for everything out of my pocket. Here is a thought, if you really want your 4 year old to go to pre-school, get a part time job and pay for it.

Quoting blondie7221:

yes i know, but i am sooo up set that my 4 yr old, who will be 5 in nov, is begging to go to school, but turned away over our freaking income.

Quoting happinessforyou:

You do know which website you're on right??? LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Dh has been unemployed for about a year. He is trying to find work, but it is just not there. A job making $7 an hour would barely pay for the crappy insurance he would get and gas to get to and from work. He works as many odd jobs as he can but that does not cover the insurance we get. To be honest, right now we could not afford any kind of insurance so we are very thankful that we can get it through the state. Yeah, we get food assistance as well, not much, but it helps.

I also know many Cops families who get some kind of PA. Perhaps you should be a little less judgemental about those who recieve it. We are not all deadbeats who sit around doing nothing all day. DH works his butt off, and still looks for steady work in his spare time. I have been trying hard to get my license back(massage) and now that I have it, I do work. I am also studying for the national exam so I can upgrade my state license and get a job in a reputable spa if I need to(If DH does not find steady work by then).

emmy526
by Emmy on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

you should try going without food or money for a while, and see how you feel about foodstamps after your kids are hungry and you have no money or job to buy food....Or you are injured and can't work.....foodstamps are not a save all, but they sure can help the needy at times.  Your attitude about them is deplorable

motherslove82
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Why even apply if you don't think people should be on PA? You are just angry that you don't qualify. That is the way the system works. I think it's sad that you think people should go without basic needs because your child does not qualify for prek. You should move to my state, 4 year old pre k is state funded for every single child. Income doesn't matter.

Quoting blondie7221:

let your baby get turned away from something she wants so bad and also needing over your income and i bet you will bitch too

Quoting sstripedmonkey:

I'm so sick of people bitching about PA, I think it's time to quit cm for a while.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Lol exactly. I'm sure her tune would be real different if she got in. Lol sour grapes aren't cute.

Quoting motherslove82:

Why even apply if you don't think people should be on PA? You are just angry that you don't qualify. That is the way the system works. I think it's sad that you think people should go without basic needs because your child does not qualify for prek. You should move to my state, 4 year old pre k is state funded for every single child. Income doesn't matter.

Quoting blondie7221:

let your baby get turned away from something she wants so bad and also needing over your income and i bet you will bitch too

Quoting sstripedmonkey:

I'm so sick of people bitching about PA, I think it's time to quit cm for a while.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I raised two kids as a single mom, pay a mortgage on a nice house, and work 40+ hours a week.  Both my kids went to pre-k, and daycare for that matter, and I still make way less than your income. I never qualified for any assistance, either, food stamps, pa, nothing. I could have lived the high life on 55K.

HadnKmom
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM

HAHAHAHA i was on fs and state health care for 2 years. people like you are a fucking joke!! you OBVIOUSLY don't understand. i would have never been able to get where i am now in 6 months. and i still get child care assistance. if you think i should make more (i think so to) then complain to the nursing homes around you and tell them to up THEIR prices so we get paid more....oh wait FIRST you have to start with giving more in taxes so that elderly and disabled people with state insurance can still go there (since that is more than half of the residents at ANY nursing home). yes there needs to be changes to the system but i KNOW that it is not always possible to change a situation in 6 months. you cant even get a degree in 6 months...most people wont even take experience for 6 months (as a cna they want 2+ years). i PROBABLY wont be off of child care assistance for another 2-4 years...if you have a problem with that you can give me the extra 400/week for daycare. sound good?

jen2150
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We make less than you and don't get any finacial assistance.  We also homeschool and pay for special classes out of pocket.  We are happy to do this and would never complain about not having state aid.  I am also happy to help pay for public education that I don't use.  If you want her in school then just pay for it.  People on PA don't have it easy in any way.  My life is much better now and I am grateful for all the blessings that I have.  I would concentrate on what you have rather than what you don't have.  

kidlover2
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
So..... you applied for assistance and are now upset you are too wealthy for it and therefore if you can't have it, no one else should be allowed either?? Good story
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)