Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tell me about your wedding,

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:59 AM
  • 20 Replies
Lol I'm obbsessed with weddings,and wedding story's I even wanted to start my own wedding planning buisness....
What kind of dress did you wear ?
How big was your bridal party ?
Who was in your bridal party ?
What kind of food did you serve ?
If you could do it over what would you change ?
Where you a bridezilla ?
how much was your total cost ?
& did you go over your budget. ?

Lol I have nothing but time on my hands right now, soo I plan on reading every post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a very simple, 100% silk wedding gown, no frills, plain, elegant, simple.
I had a total of 8 people in the bridal party. 1 MOH, 2 bridesmaids, 1 BM, 2 groomsment, 2 ring bearers
We had an assortment of finger foods and open bar
I was not a bridezilla, in fact I more or less my DH plan the wedding
Total cost of the wedding was under 100k
We def were under budget

We had a very different wedding, according the to the standards of where I live. We had an open bar, hor dervs wedding. We didn't want a traditional wedding because my parent are deceased and I really didn't feel like having the whole hoop a la and spending 500k on a wedding to entertain friends. We had a small 80 person gathering, it was perfect. We paid for the wedding ourselves, all cash, which is another reason we had a cheap wedding. 5 months prior to getting married we purchased a house. Put 50% down in cash on it.

I would not change it for the world. Except to have both my patents alive, and if they had been, my wedding would have been totally and completely different!!!!
inurdreamz712
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I never had a real wedding. We didn't have a lot of money back then. We had close family & friends meet us down at the courthouse and got married outside, under the trees, in September. I wore a white broomstick skirt, lacy tank, and flip flops. It was actually quite pretty out and perfect for a wedding.

sugareemommee
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

my wedding was at our home.  total cost was about 6,000.00

we were married on the front porch, reception in the backyard.

bbq food catered by an awesome little bbq joint.  we did not have a wedding party, just my sister as a maid of honor, our son as the best man. 

I got my dress for 20 bucks at Ross.  ;)

I wouldn't do a thing over.  it was magical, tons of white lights and flowers. 

littleswampfox
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a "princess gown" with a big crinoline underneath. We sent out 300+ invitations, and had over 300 people in attendance. I did a lot of the flowers (bouquets, boutonnieres, and a few arrangements) myself, and we had an hors d'oeuvres reception with open bar. We were a bit over my $10k budget at $12k. I am amazed that some people spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a 4-5 hour event.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryLu86
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol We didn't have a typical wedding (we went to the jp before dh went to work!), but we did have a reception the weekend after... What kind of dress did you wear? I wore a skirt and white top.. How big was your bridal party? My mom, dad and sister were the only ones there.. What kind of food did you serve? We had mexican food at the reception, tamales, mole (chicken with a red sauce), rice and beans.. If you could do it over what would you change? Nothing it was exactly what we wanted! Where you a bridezilla? Definitely not... how much was your total cost? About 500... did you go over your budget? Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I had a nice summer dress made for me - and spruced it up with lace and beads for the ceremony. The plan was to remove the lace/beads after the wedding and wear it the following summer as a regular dress - but we got pregnant on our honeymoon and I never fit in it again (my daughters are welcome to it now).

We eloped - there was no bridal party. The only people there were DH and myself, the judge, and our two required witnesses (BIL and his (now ex) wife).

hit enter too soon

We did not serve food - we didn't even have lunch afterward with our witnesses after the ceremony.

Yes - I would do the exact same thing again.

No need to be a bridezilla - there was ZERO stress involved with our wedding.

Total cost was under $400 - the license, fee for the judge plus her 'tip', and our highway-rest-stop lunch after there ceremony together were under $100 - our rings were the biggest expense, together they were around $300

We didn't have a 'budget'.

aiyess
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Did you say you spent under 100k. Like $100,000? You would normally spend 500k,$500,000 (half a million dollars)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

I had a very simple, 100% silk wedding gown, no frills, plain, elegant, simple.

I had a total of 8 people in the bridal party. 1 MOH, 2 bridesmaids, 1 BM, 2 groomsment, 2 ring bearers

We had an assortment of finger foods and open bar

I was not a bridezilla, in fact I more or less my DH plan the wedding

Total cost of the wedding was under 100k

We def were under budget

We had a very different wedding, according the to the standards of where I live. We had an open bar, hor dervs wedding. We didn't want a traditional wedding because my parent are deceased and I really didn't feel like having the whole hoop a la and spending 500k on a wedding to entertain friends. We had a small 80 person gathering, it was perfect. We paid for the wedding ourselves, all cash, which is another reason we had a cheap wedding. 5 months prior to getting married we purchased a house. Put 50% down in cash on it.

I would not change it for the world. Except to have both my patents alive, and if they had been, my wedding would have been totally and completely different!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:08 AM

What kind of dress did you wear ? White, strapless, sweetheart neck, beaded at the botom that led to a long train. It was tight up top, but ent out bigger at the bottom.
How big was your bridal party ? 12 people....maid of honor, besrt man and 5 each bridesmaids and grooms men.
Who was in your bridal party ? Friends and family
What kind of food did you serve ? We had a choice between a chicken, fish and a beef dish. It was 11 years ago, I don't rememeber the exact dishes.
If you could do it over what would you change ? My cake. It wasn't at all what I ordered. I would ahve been a ,ot more specific when talking with them.
Where you a bridezilla ? no
how much was your total cost ? about $30,000
& did you go over your budget. ? I never really set a budget. I just tried to keep the costs down and not go really overboard with anything. Which is what I did.

Lol I have nothing but time on my hands right now, soo I plan on reading every post

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Nicole060812
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:16 AM
What kind of dress did you wear ? A Mori Lee gown

How big was your bridal party ? Huge 6 bridesmaids 6 groomsmen

Who was in your bridal party ? My sister and 5 good friends and hubby had his brother and 5 friends

What kind of food did you serve ? Amazing Italian! Had a lemon chicken, chicken parm, and lasagna to choose from, salad, bread, and wedding cake and an open bar lol

If you could do it over what would you change ? The venue. The lady ended up being so rude! She turned on all the lights and interrupted our last dance because "it was time to close!"

Where you a bridezilla ? Nope I let my mom plan the whole thing. There were certain things I wouldn't settle on though.

how much was your total cost ? $20K

& did you go over your budget. ? No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

Lol I'm obbsessed with weddings,and wedding story's I even wanted to start my own wedding planning buisness....
What kind of dress did you wear ? White, princess neckline, beaded bodice, chapel length train, hat & veil - $400 @ David's Bridal
How big was your bridal party ?  10 total, MOH, Best man, 3 each brideamaids, groomsmen, ring bearer, flower girl  - I made all my own floral arrangements
Who was in your bridal party ?  Sister, Best friend, 2 future sister-in-laws, 4 hubby's best friends
What kind of food did you serve ?  Sit down dinner, beef - chicken choice - 150 guests
If you could do it over what would you change ?  Maybe the groom? lol, maybe just his family, they ended up driving us apart. I definitely would have changed the venue.
Where you a bridezilla ?  NO, we were 28 and paid for it ourselves - no one to rant to but me, what's the point?
how much was your total cost ?  Probably $5,000
& did you go over your budget. ?  No, it was 1985 and 5 grand could buy a lot of wedding back then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN