Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The times and troubles of the farmers wife

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:39 AM
  • 5 Replies

Good morning all!!! I am up ahead of schedule this morning, number one because my husband had to leave at four am to go get a corn head in Missouri, and number two because I have horrible leg pains that keep me awake most nights. They're thinking its fibromyalgia. Now when they told me this I said Im too young! Then the doctor explained to me that anytime someone goes through any kind of traumatic event such as having a baby, losing their dad (a year ago this march), cutting of ties with their mother (drug problems) plus two step kids and a mean (no kidding shes horrible) mother in law who moved in one day out of nowhere and took over my nursery/play room. And sometimes I catch myself being crabby and thinking poor me, lifes not fair blah blah and then I stop myself. I think about the millions of people out there who have it way worse than I could ever imagine. I try to take a few minutes each day to be grateful for my life and everyone in it. I love all my kids, even the ones that aren't biologically mine, I have a wonderful husband whos a hard worker that provides for us all so that I am fortunate enough to stay home with my precious baby boy. So next time you catch yourself feeling sorry try to remember someone always has it worse, and try to take a minute every day to enjoy every little pleasure in your life before its too late. (My baby and step daughter in pic) 

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:45 AM

You're absolutely right. It is so easy to forget about the good things in life and focus on the bad. I hope you have a great day!

funhappymom
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I agree, it's so easy to get wrapped up in the whoa is mes but when you take time to remember what you do have it makes it you realize how blessed you are.

I hope your lege pains go away. Have a great day :)

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM

What a great post to read this morning. Thank you for sharing.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

connie45
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I read this once and have always remebered it:

"If you were standing in a room with alot of other people around a table - and each person took their problems and dumped them on the table for all to see - you would take your own problems back in a heartbeat."

ScarlettLetter
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN