Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so we went to dinner at chilis.

our waitress was okayish, she brought our drinks out with out having to ask if we needed refills.

but it took her 10 minutes for our drinks, and then it took em at least 45 minutes to bring the food out, and there was only

but i told her no pickles on my burger, i get my burger, and there are five pickles on it.

so i have to sit and wait for another 10 minutes for some one to even come over and ask if everything was okay.

the burger came back within 5 minutes, i swear to god that they took the buttom bun off, scrapped the pickles off, put some more mayo on it and returned it, as it was the same top burger.

my mom orders some fajitas, and half the meat was undercooked!!!!!!!!!!!

my husband gave the waitress a 7 dollar fricking tip.

let me just say that if my mother wasn't with me, my husband wouldn't have given any type of tip!!!!

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (151-157):
FoxFire363
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM

For that experience probably only 15 percent. 20 percent is my base line.

LoveMyGirls0811
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

little do you know, but where i live there are waiters at buffets also and they like tips too but only what i decide to give them

Quoting LAXmom21:

You are a jackass and shouldn't go out to eat unless it's fast food or a buffet!

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

why didn't YOU just pick the damn pickles off? Lazy in my opinion. I only tip by how many we take with us, my hubby,myself, and our 2 kids equal a $4 tip no matter what...thats all they get!

You don't tip based on percent?

nope and i refuse to because i should not be forced to pay a certain amount of money to anyone that i dont want to

So rather than thank them for good service you rebel like a 12 year old against the system?

i should not be forced to do anything i dont want to do, and i wont either....they should be happy that they get anything at all.

LoveMyGirls0811
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM

i do tip them...however the amount is what i chose

Quoting goldilocksbecky:

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

why didn't YOU just pick the damn pickles off? Lazy in my opinion. I only tip by how many we take with us, my hubby,myself, and our 2 kids equal a $4 tip no matter what...thats all they get!

nope and i refuse to because i should not be forced to pay a certain amount of money to anyone that i dont want to

You're not being forced to.  McDonald's is right down the street and you could CHOOSE to go there.  Instead, you CHOSE to go to a sit-down restaurant.  In which case, part of that CHOICE should include tipping the person who served you.

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

how much was the meal itself? because that does make a difference in my answer...as do these issues:

the undercooked meat, and issue with the pickles is the kitchens fault, not the waitstaff, so I would have asked to speak to management about it..and it wouldn't effect my tipping of the waitress.

As far as her being a bit sluggish, it would depend on how busy they were, and if they were understaffed or not.. if she's doing a ton of tables because they are understaffed, again, that's a management issue, not the fault of the waitstaff.. and you need to address it with management.. if she was sluggish and they were slow, that's different.. although again, the wait on the meal could be the kitchens fault, not hers..

So I guess I'd really have to know more details to give a definite answer...

but I'm just pointing out, that it's not always the waitstaffs fault, and certain issues shouldn't effect how you tip.. they are issues you take up with management, and if you can, do so in the beginning when the problems first start.. not after the meal is over and you already ate it...

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Maybe next time instead of eating out, you should use your cash assistance wisely. Then you won't be disappointed..

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Please, do the world a favor and stick to fast food, or really really cheap diners where your meals are under $20!! Because you don't deserve the right to go out to anything nicer with that attitude!!!

BTW... it's people like you, that often get spit in their food!!! Just sayin!

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

little do you know, but where i live there are waiters at buffets also and they like tips too but only what i decide to give them

Quoting LAXmom21:

You are a jackass and shouldn't go out to eat unless it's fast food or a buffet!

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quoting LoveMyGirls0811:

So rather than thank them for good service you rebel like a 12 year old against the system?

i should not be forced to do anything i dont want to do, and i wont either....they should be happy that they get anything at all.

lilmacmama20
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM
i think you under tipped and are one of thosr customers every waitress hates
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)