Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Such a huge reliefe! dd knows the truth! piog

Posted by   + Show Post
How to make this short... I left dd bio dad when i was 5 months pregnant. he harrased and threatened me so i moved to another state for saftey and started a life for me and my dd. I attempted to get her bio dad involved but he is still stuck in the all about me stage, he denied all my visitation set ups because i listen to what the court lawyer said (he has no visitation order) and kept all visit in a public neutral zone to avoid his harrassment! and told me to leave him alone if i woulldnt drop dd off with him (she was 2 and had never met him before and he was at that point into heavy drugs). fast forward 4 years... dd is 6 now, i have kept in contact with bio grandma a few times a year. a mutual friend of bio dad and i emailed me saying that he cleaned up moved to a different state to get away from temptation and that he wanted to watch dd grow up.

Dh has been raising dd since she was 2 weeks old. he is daddy to her. but i always intended on telling dd about bio dad. I started a private group on facebook for her bio family to see photos weekly updates the whole shabang! dh agreed since they wanted more involvement to allow a second chance. but no visits or calls at the time. up till today she didnt know about bio dad. she was asking about how she was born and where daddy was. i told her "you are a lucky princess, daddy chose to stay and be your daddy when he chose to stay with mommy. I met daddy after i had you hunny." then the big words " you have a bio daddy and a step daddy, both love you very much, but step daddy is the one who cares for you and loves you, who plays with you and buys anything you need. bio daddy loves you but decided a long time ago that it was best for step daddy to continue to raise you". she looked at me and said "mommy i know, i am very loved. do i have to share grandma with my brothers?" lol i told her no she is your grandma, she is not your brothes grandma. she liked that a lot and asked if we can call bio daddy.. dj (short for daddy J***). i told her of course.

ive been dreading this day for 6 years and now its finally done... i will continue to tell her how much she is loved by all. but wanted to share my happy news with everyone!

sorry so long and any typos or bad grammar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (11-17):
boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Job!     It is so important for children to understand they are loved and nothing is their fault.

Manderkinz1989
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I think the way you told was perfect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Its my happy moment! im just glad i avoided the resentment and anger... she is an easy going kid

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Good Job!     It is so important for children to understand they are loved and nothing is their fault.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Bump for others in similar situation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM
That's good you did that! I hope it all works out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Your a big women you told her and its only fair im so excited she will not live a lie big props to you and your hubby!!!! My sister lived a lie she found out my dad wasnt hers when she was 15 she resented both my parents you go girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Its not something I planned to hide forever... dh was worried she would throw it in his face that he isn't her Bio dad... I think most of it was fear! Now she knows and life is good!

Quoting strictmomhere:

Your a big women you told her and its only fair im so excited she will not live a lie big props to you and your hubby!!!! My sister lived a lie she found out my dad wasnt hers when she was 15 she resented both my parents you go girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)