Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

he doesn't care.

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM
  • 21 Replies

so my sil had her baby last night.

well i texted my mil, said to tell sil congrats, as i knew she was with sil, and asked if me and her could go to lunch/dinner to sit and talk about the things before the wedding...ignored me, not one response, which okay, i get it, you were with the baby all day long, but it really doesn't take that long to respond.

well we are going to go see baby tomorrow and take diaper  cake, i'm actually kind of nervous, as i have a feeling i won't be able to hold the baby at all.

and i told husband that, and he said he didn't care, if he is holding her, then i can hold her as well, his mom and sister need to come to realize he is with me, and it's not going to change.

he then said, it's a shame we live 10 minutes up the road, and we get ignored, we have to be the ones to call mil, and sil lives almost an hr from us, and mil can go visit her all of the time, and now that the baby is here, it'll be even worse.

i just shrugged as not much else i can say....as i am trying my best to get along with these women, as they are my in laws.....

he then said, he doesn't really care, he knows it's his niece but he doesn't really care, because they shouldn't have a baby right now.

and that once we move out of state, when we comev home, we won't be visiting them, we will only be with my family and his dad............and that his sister and mother won't be welcomed at our house, but his bil and the baby will be....

yeah, what the eff do i say to that

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM
I would say thank goodness I wont have to deal with them anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
"Thanks for the support."

I've heard so many on here that their DHs let's his mothers pretty much abuse their wives, the mother of their children, and don't say crap! Grrrr. Their men need to grow a backbone. At least yours is willing to stand for you. Good man!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Good man u have hes got your back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryJam12
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Quoting anotherhalf:

I would say thank goodness I wont have to deal with them anymore.

oh you got no idea!!!!

this woman tried to ruin my wedding day....our wedding was at 2pm, so the reception started at about 3-315ish, after dinner, she was gone. because sister was pregnant, andit was just too hot, and she didn't feel good.....well boo hoo, i didn't really want you there anyways....his mom got pissed because the weekend before hand, he had to baby sit well not baby sit because i don't know how you baby sit your own child, but i wasn't going to be home by 5 because i had those last minute errands to run. and she told me hte boys, his men were doing a dinner, come to find out, none of the boys knew anything about it, she said they were going for dinner, and got mad at me because i told her that if i wasn't back, he could take her with him, it's not a big deal...they were going to a bar and grill, apparently it's illegal and not cool to take va child to a grill.

StrawberryJam12
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

I've heard so many on here that their DHs let's his mothers pretty much abuse their wives, the mother of their children, and don't say crap! Grrrr. Their men need to grow a backbone. At least yours is willing to stand for you. Good man!

oh when she threatened not to come to the wedding, he said, that's on you, but you are my mom, but if you don't show up, that's one less thing shee has to worry about!!!!!

PinkHairMAMA
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM
LOL!! Good man!! We jumped the gun and married spur of the moment so my mil couldn't be there. So glad we did. ;-) it's great he stands up for you to her!

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

oh when she threatened not to come to the wedding, he said, that's on you, but you are my mom, but if you don't show up, that's one less thing shee has to worry about!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AugustMidge
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Its his family, therefore I suggest you just be supportive of his feelings and actions (unless of course they are way out of bounds) sounds like he is sick of it and protecting his own. Good man!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

PinkHairMAMA
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I'm seriously not trying to stalk you tonight. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
I really need to go to bed, but I'm too tired to get up and walk back there, lol. Poo.
Today at 3:52 AM
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I would say, "Ok, sounds good to me!" 

But if he thinks bil and baby will be at your house when sil isn't going to be allowed there, he's probably in for a rude awakening on that one.  But good for him for taking your side regardless.

StrawberryJam12
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

he didn't use to until that point. after that he started.

she also said she wasn't going to come because the day of the reharshal, i wouldn't even talk to her or the sister, and i told the sister to shut up when she told us we had to do it this way.

i was like, the sister didnt even need to be at the reharshal, but because her husband was in the wedding party, she thought her two sense was needed.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

LOL!! Good man!! We jumped the gun and married spur of the moment so my mil couldn't be there. So glad we did. ;-) it's great he stands up for you to her!

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN