Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you known your best friend? How did you meet? Do you get to see each other often? I've known my best friend for 20 years...We met in school when she moved to my home town...We were in 7th grade and actually our 7th grade year I was mean to her! Idk...I had an "I'm better than you" moment and I was not very nice...O give me a break! I was 13! Lol! But over the summer I got my head outta my butt and in 8th grade I walked into my fourth period English class and there she was and I sat down beside her and said "Hey! How are you?" She then looked at me like I was crazy and there began a beautiful friendship! LOL! We've been through a lot together...A LOT! We even lost touch after she got married for like 9 years we barely saw each other...I did my thing and she did hers and about 3 years ago I moved back close to my hometown and we got back in touch...I went through her divorce with her 3 years ago and now my dh and my two kids live with her, well we have a house on her 10 acres and she has her own house but shes always here at my house and usually stays nights here...My dh works out of town and shes a huge help to me as I have a new baby...She works and I'm a SAHM and we help each other out with bills when we need to and help take care of each others animals (I have 3 horses and 5 dogs and she has 2 horses and 4 dogs...We have plenty of room here)...I love that I get to see her all the time and she gets to be here to watch my children grow up...and yes my dh is fine with the fact that we all live here together...Hes just happy that while hes gone there is someone here to help me take care of things since hes gone a lot...Ok so this is getting long but thats the basics...How bout you?

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Replies (11-16):
LuvMyAngels0212
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Quoting GodsAmiga:

One of my best friends I have known for liierally my whole life of 25 years. My best friend ever who will never be replaced I met in 9th grade and knew for 9 years. She passed away from CF when she was 24. My other best friend I have know for 3 years now. :-) She's a sister to me and our kids love each other! We live in seperate countries now but I can't wait to see her in December! :-)

I had another bff as well and she passed away back in 2001 at the age of 21 and was 6 months pregnant...My daughter is named after her...I'm sorry you lost your friend...I've been there...But I'm glad you have others close to your heart...I hope December comes quickly so you can see her! :)

mj.bullion
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:00 AM

I don't really have any friends in real life. I have people that I occassionally chat with online that I used to go to school with or work with, etc, but no one special anymore. My one friend that was my best friend ditched me for some other friends that aren't married, don't have a child and like to go out and party and drink. We started talking less and less because I just didn't have anything to say to her. I wasn't interested in hearing about her drunken excursions. Who knows, maybe when she grows out of that phase we'll become friends again. Not counting on it though.

At least I have some lovely ladies that I chat with daily from here. (We moved our group to FB) Even though we never "hang out" in real life, they're the best friends I've had in awhile.

sherry132
by Sherry on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM

10 years. 

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:41 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. *hugs* I was pregnant with my second when she passed away due on her birthday. So we gave Naomi two middle names adding in my best friend's name.

Quoting LuvMyAngels0212:

Quoting GodsAmiga:

One of my best friends I have known for liierally my whole life of 25 years. My best friend ever who will never be replaced I met in 9th grade and knew for 9 years. She passed away from CF when she was 24. My other best friend I have know for 3 years now. :-) She's a sister to me and our kids love each other! We live in seperate countries now but I can't wait to see her in December! :-)

I had another bff as well and she passed away back in 2001 at the age of 21 and was 6 months pregnant...My daughter is named after her...I'm sorry you lost your friend...I've been there...But I'm glad you have others close to your heart...I hope December comes quickly so you can see her! :)

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM
I've known her 3.5 years. We met in a support group. She listens to all my craziness. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:01 AM
15 years! I love her to death,she's been here threw it all and vise versa I kinda thought we would loose contact when she went off to college,but we didn't we support each other threw everything & I just couldn't imagine life without her,lol we met in 6th grade & girl let me tell you,I thought I was "goofy"until I met my bestfriend lol,blood couldn't make us any closer,there is a reason god made us Bestfriends,because he knew our mothers couldn't handle us together as sisters,...lol now I feel the urge to call my bestfriend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)