Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why are Olympic suits thongs?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 74 Replies
2 moms liked this

I want to watch the Olympics with my son (5 yrs.) but sheesh! There are butts hanging out everywhere. I don't have cable so I have to watch whatever NBC puts on. 

Water polo with underwater cams? beach volleyball? Even some swimming is getting pretty risque. I'm not a prude, but how can my kid even watch this?

Have you seen this? What do you think?

small edit: ok, so maybe not full on thongs, but seriously, the water polo has NO back to the suits. Full butt cheeks out. Beach volleyball turns into thongs because the skimpy backs go up their butts and stay there. 

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I haven't seen anything that I would consider to bad for a kid to watch.

itseebitsee
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It's ridiculous but that's what's acceptable in the world today. Whatever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MawMawKelton
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I have only seen the gymnastics and some of the mens swimming and I have not seen any thongs.

mich.el.le
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM

The polo suits are weird looking. I haven't seen any volleyball thongs??

chalisa0
by Kim on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I do not know what you're talking about.  The swimming certainly isn't that way-they're practically wearing full body suits.  And they apparently made a rule (I heard on the news) that the beach volleyball players weren't allowed to wear bikinis.  But, if you're so concerned, why don't you stick to watching horse jumping or something?  There are hundreds of events (or so it seems.)

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM
4 moms liked this
I haven't seen any thongs. I must be watching different Olympics, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2sillygrls
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
thank god you dont live in Europe. its perfectly normal to see breast or someone's but and no one thinks twice. it's simply part of their culture and lifestyle. needless to say i would't say they are exactly thongs they are wearing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovemyQ
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

None of that was on regular TV.  Archery may be on eventually.

Quoting chalisa0:

I do not know what you're talking about.  The swimming certainly isn't that way-they're practically wearing full body suits.  And they apparently made a rule (I heard on the news) that the beach volleyball players weren't allowed to wear bikinis.  But, if you're so concerned, why don't you stick to watching horse jumping or something?  There are hundreds of events (or so it seems.)

christina0607
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
5 moms liked this

The swimmers wear unitards, that go almost to their knees. Not risque at all.

The pole teams need to be able to move quickly...so they wear things that can help them do that. Most of the Us girls are a little hefty...so it's not a fashion statement.

The vollyball at times were in long sleeve shirts and long pants. then at times in bathing suit bottoms...but never in thongs. Again it's whateevr is most comfortable.

I think you just might be a prude.

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
4 moms liked this
Its just a butt. everybody has one. don't make a big deal out of it and neither will he
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)