Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your family left for a week...

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 32 Replies

My husband and daughters leave tomorrow for a week-long trip to Disney with all of my in-laws. I recently started a quick course at school and I also have a kids yoga teaching workshop starting Friday so I have to stay home all by my lonesome.

My husband and I haven't spent a night apart since before we married and my girls have never gone away more than two nights. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with myself!

The main point that I'm posting, though, is that I have no idea what to cook while they are gone! What are some good, easy meals to make for one? I don't want to go to too much trouble since it's just me, but I still want to eat tasty stuff.

I'm planning sushi for one night and thought maybe I'd cook a roast in the slow-cooker and do different things with that. 

Any ideas???

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Douse chicken breast in BBQ sauce and bake at a low temp for several hours. Very tender and yummy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SareyF
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Douse chicken breast in BBQ sauce and bake at a low temp for several hours. Very tender and yummy.

That sounds good. Thank you!

SareyF
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM

BUMP!

milfanyway
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I like to do foods the kids wont rest when they arent here. Chicken salad, tuna melts, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Cook stuff that you love and they don't. You can always have left overs for lunch. I'd go nuts if I had to stay alone that long!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Well this isn't what you asked for but I think you should try at least one new restaurant in your area, maybe someplace the rest of the family would not be inclined to try. I find eating out by myself once in awhile to be an interesting exercise. I rarely have the chance and it is a very different experience, when one is left to simply enjoy the meal without having to be either a pleasant dinner companion or "the mommy" and can just simply relax and be alone with one's own thoughts.

nicsmama09
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Id sleep. Alll weeek
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was single I lived off macncheese with tuna added. One box lasted me 4 days lol! 

ginnjuice

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I would make myself breakfast for dinner (and breakfast) every day. It's easy to make for one, and it's my favorite meal. My cholesterol would go through the roof though!

SareyF
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM
That actually sounds nice. I can't remember the last time I went out without the kids and all that it involves.

Quoting GaleJ:

Well this isn't what you asked for but I think you should try at least one new restaurant in your area, maybe someplace the rest of the family would not be inclined to try. I find eating out by myself once in awhile to be an interesting exercise. I rarely have the chance and it is a very different experience, when one is left to simply enjoy the meal without having to be either a pleasant dinner companion or "the mommy" and can just simply relax and be alone with one's own thoughts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)