Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A friend of mine has full custody of her children. The father lives in a different state, and is supposed to get the kids during the summer and week during Christmas break. Anyways, there is nothing in their custody agreement that says who is supposed to pick up/drop off the kids. Shes been in and out of the hospital all summer long and doesn't have the means to pick them up. Hes refusing to bring the kids back to her even though he could if he wanted to. Is that legal and is there anyway she can fight it? He took the kids from her when the split up, and it took her over a year to finally get them back through the courts in February. Now hes pulling this crap. I feel so bad for her, and the kids!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Replies (11-14):
nicsmama09
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM
She needs to find the means

Whats wrong with her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Can't she get on a bus? She doesn't know one person she can pay to give her a ride?

Honestly if she can't even go get her own children from their father...maybe she isn't capable of caring for them right now. you say she is in and out of the hospital? Well maybe the most stable place for them right now isn't with her.

MessedUpMama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM

She needs to talk to a lawyer. Since it isn't stated in her court order who transports the kids to and from visits, it could go either way, a judge might say she should have gone to get them, or that he should have brought them back. If she has someone that can take her to get them that would be best, or send someone to get them for her. She still needs to talk to a lawyer about getting the court order changed to spell out these things.

I have a friend whose court order says that he has to pick them up and drop them off, but he moved out of the area after the divorce. An other friend has to take them half way and go half way to pick them up. My ex used to pick them up and drop them off, he had to pay for plane tickets when he moved too far away for to drive back and forth.

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Im at war with my ex... ]( or so it seems)  in cases like these... dont wait for him to not bring the kids back, and tell your friend to go pick them up herself.. even though its not convenient for her...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN