Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

well s*** :(

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

my middle son who is four turning five soon is speech delayed. he goes to early childhood development at a local public school. for the last two years he has had a wonderful teacher. she decided not to return this year because she is having a child. (i am happy for her but sad she is leaving)

anyways i went to enroll my dd who is starting up there and found out my son is going have mrs. tom, my oldest sons kindergarten teacher. I dont like her. she is uptight and i hated my son being in her classroom for that year. its not one thing in particular that happened just a lot of little things. ugh i am wondering if i should just suck it up and leave him in there or have him switched. i really need a teacher who is going to work with me and not hinder my sons progress

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Have him switched;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duets
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Ugh, good luck!

bhmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Have him switched :) It's really not that big of a deal. Just a mama looking out for her son's best interest, and even if it is inconvenient for them they should understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMom9799
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM

If you forsee that it will be a problem, you could ask to switch him.

however diff kids have diff experiences with the same teacher. you could let him try it out with her and see if they click.

there are teachers who were fine with my dd but a pain in the ass with my son. But have also had the reverse, teachers who were good with my son but gave dd a hard time.

you wont really know until he trys it out

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM
I agree.

Quoting ProudMom9799:

however diff kids have diff experiences with the same teacher. you could let him try it out with her and see if they click.

there are teachers who were fine with my dd but a pain in the ass with my son. But have also had the reverse, teachers who were good with my son but gave dd a hard time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Quoting ProudMom9799:

sketchmonster
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM
When I was in the 4th grade I had a similar thing happen...my mom let me stay and the teacher was so uptight she tried to fail me because my writing was "too creative"...she had to have me switch classes after I had already been there a few months so I'd pass, and I did so much better with the new teacher. if you have any doubts whatsoever I'd just switch him, it's hard to start over in the middle of class with a totally different lesson plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM

i know.

i need to wait i guess and talk to DH and see what he thinks

i was just thinking the other day how i hope my middle son*the one i am talking about* how i hoped he didnt get her for his kindgergarten teacher next year

Quoting ProudMom9799:

ProudMom9799
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I know what you mean. I hoped like hell my son would not get my daughter's third grade teacher (he is 2 yrs younger than dd) - sure enough he got her and she was a bitch. Tried like hell to get him out of her class but didnt luck out. DS had to suck it up and deal with the crazy woman. (teacher had a thing against boys and always gave them a hard time. several parents were trying to get their boys out of that class) but she was fine with dd.

if you know without a doubt she is going to be a problem - then switch him. If you think they might be able work it out, then let him try it

Quoting silverdawn99:

i know.

i need to wait i guess and talk to DH and see what he thinks

i was just thinking the other day how i hope my middle son*the one i am talking about* how i hoped he didnt get her for his kindgergarten teacher next year

Quoting ProudMom9799:

Blue231
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM
If you decide to ask for a switch, ask as soon as possible so another teacher has time to prepare for an additional student. Also try to remember as many specific examples as you can for why your other child did not have a good year with this teacher and why your younger child would not do well for her. If the principal is willing and able to make the change, do what you can to support the school and teachers to show them you are dedicated to doing your part to help your child succeed. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)