Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Would you be okay with your DH being gone Monday-Friday (half day on Friday) for work so he could bring home an extra $400 a month. He would be home Friday afternoon to Sunday.

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 78

View Results

We are considering DH doing this so we can put the extra $400 a side a month for savings. He seems to think I couldn't handle it but I honestly think I can. (him being gone all week). I am a stay at home mom right now of a 1yr old and 1 week old little girl. I am also getting ready to go back to school online to get my Associates degree in medical assisting. 

**Updated: The company provides a place for him to stay and food. DH is gone from 4:30am -7pm everyday anyways. 

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (41-48):
EmmasMommy2011
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I do not feel $400 is enough. Did you estimate in traveling expense, eating out, entertainment, extra cell use age?

DH wouldn't have to pay any travel expenses. They use a company truck and provide gas. He doesn't eat out and we he doesn't go any where anyways. There also wouldn't be any extra cell usuage. We don't waste money on contracts with a phone carrier that charge you out the ass. We use prepaid and buy the unlimited plan.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM

an extra $20 a day wouldnt be worth it to me. 

miss_lisa
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Hmmm, if we needed the money then yes. My DH has been gone since Sunday and won't be home until next week sometime but he's making a lot more than that a day. We're saving up for a house so he's working as much as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrangeDays
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I'd hate every minute of it, but I'd deal with it. I'm not sure how I would, but I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
A week? Sure.. But ours are usually months and we have no choice... It's life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I would not like it, especially for $400. if it were more I would reconsider, lol.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Yes I wouldn't be a huge fan of the idea but if he was gone those hours anyway you are prettying living day to day w out him.
Dh works 6-9 now. Leaves at 5am and gets back around 10pm.
It blows but it's only a few days during the week occasionally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM
We did something similar to that when we first moved to Baltimore. DH stayed in Annapolis just to save gas bc money was so tight then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN