Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
For fun, I measured my girls today...my oldest DD (Sarah) is 5 1/2 years old and 48 inches tall! My youngest DD (Lexi) just turned 4 and is 41.25 inches!

I Googled it, lol, and that puts Sarah above the 97th percentile and Lexi in the 75th! I'm only 5'5"! At this rate, Sarah's going to surpass me in a few years, LOL! DH isn't that tall, either...he's only 5'10".

Anyone else have a randomly tall kid?! I'm guessing she had to get it from somewhere down the line in our families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

look at the bright side if your kid is the 97th percent in height you don't have to sit through a stupid wic class. but if your kid is 97th percent in weight you have to sit through a stupid class asking what changes have you made cause your kid is to fat. my kid is 97% in weight and 36% in height. he will even out so I have to sit through this stupid class telling me what changes I have made and have to explain what changes I have made. I lied considering my kid isn't fat. lol

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I don't really get it I'm still taller than most of my aunts and cousins but my mom is freakishly tall and so is my brother. My dad is tall just not omg tall guess maybe I took after moms side.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Lol! I drew the short stick of the family, too...my siblings are all taller than I am!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Yea.

Me!!

My dad is 6'1
Mom is 5'11
Younger brother is 6'4 1/2

I'm only 5'4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM

My daughter has always been off the charts. She will be 10 years old, in October and is already 5 ft tall. It won't be long before she is taller then me (I am 5'4). She has always been taller then the other kids in her class until last year. Her best friend is an inch taller.

yezay
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM
My son has always been above the 75th but his doc said that doesn't mean his adult hight will reflect that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DEJavu17
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:01 PM

my youngest ds is 42 inches tall and 42lbs at 4 years old. he is at the 88th percentile for his weight,and the 87th for his height.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Oh, I HATED the WIC appointments when Sarah was little! She's a solid kid, and is also above average for weight...I swear they'd only look at that and then once they saw her they were like "Oh..."

Quoting opinionatedmom:

look at the bright side if your kid is the 97th percent in height you don't have to sit through a stupid wic class. but if your kid is 97th percent in weight you have to sit through a stupid class asking what changes have you made cause your kid is to fat. my kid is 97% in weight and 36% in height. he will even out so I have to sit through this stupid class telling me what changes I have made and have to explain what changes I have made. I lied considering my kid isn't fat. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM

mines solid and short so I had to sit through the stupid class. lol

Quoting beadingmom17:

Oh, I HATED the WIC appointments when Sarah was little! She's a solid kid, and is also above average for weight...I swear they'd only look at that and then once they saw her they were like "Oh..."

Quoting opinionatedmom:

momswag
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I'm the smallest in my family, everyone else is very average heights. My great, grandmother was 6'1 though. My neice is abnormally large for her age, she just turned a year and is almost as big at my four year old. Most people think my niece is pushing 3. GIANT child for sure. 

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I cracked up this past year when she was in preschool. This one little girl in her class was teeny tiny! So walking down the hall it was like: kid, kid, kid, Vivian (a head shorter than the rest), kid, kid, kid, Sarah (a head taller than the rest), LOL!

Quoting KyliesMom5:

My daughter has always been off the charts. She will be 10 years old, in October and is already 5 ft tall. It won't be long before she is taller then me (I am 5'4). She has always been taller then the other kids in her class until last year. Her best friend is an inch taller.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I was thet allest kid in my class until I turned 12 - then I stopped growing, and everyone else caught up to me!  lol

My kids are tall for their age, but knowing how I grew and then stopped, I'm not anticipating them being especially tall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)